Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

You guys need to expand on the definition of Mauser rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Conductor View Post
    There's a real nice Mitchell's K98 on GB for a cool $2k if you want another, shows location as Kokomo! Your chance to own a totally legit numbers matching rifle with a totally real German proof that isn't a Russian capture X with another line through it.

I'm only on one Mauser right now, a stock mismatch. One day, the legitimate matching rifles will find their way into my collection.
    You're joking right? They've been known to mill out Russian capture marks and force match part numbers, then claim they are "legitimate".

A fool and their money... I was suckered when I got back into shooting after college by Mitchells. Got a really nice one, with really flat areas where the capture marks would have been and noticeably different color in the finish there...
    It's over for now... it seems... until yesterday begins again...tomorrow...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Tyme View Post
    I only have the 4, but my Commie rifles are starting to grumble
    Explain to those commies that communism's goal was to unite the worldwide working class and those Mausers were made by German WORKERS!
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disposable Heart View Post
    You're joking right? They've been known to mill out Russian capture marks and force match part numbers, then claim they are "legitimate".
    I thought between that sarcasm and my follow up post, I wouldn't be taken too seriously. I wouldn't pay a hundred dollars for one of his butch jobs.
    Highball

User Info Menu

I thought between that sarcasm and my follow up post, I wouldn't be taken too seriously. I wouldn't pay a hundred dollars for one of his butch jobs.
    You expected INGOers to read ALL of the posts?!?!?!
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

LOL H'okay, you got me!
    It's over for now... it seems... until yesterday begins again...tomorrow...

User Info Menu

How am I sitting on 2,000 120gr 7mm bullets that won’t move if Mauser is so popular!?
    I thought Mosin Nagants came from the earth and there was a limitless supply of this raw fuel?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by goodcat View Post
    How am I sitting on 2,000 120gr 7mm bullets that won’t move if Mauser is so popular!?
    Because its the 6.5 & 7.92 that are popular. I got rid of my 2 7mm's (spanish 1916 & FN49) years ago when 7mm dried up.
    “The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin

User Info Menu

I just picked up my first Mauser, and it's a 7mm. I'm finding out that ammo isn't as prevelent for it as for some other calibers, but It shoots very nice. Low recoil too compared to what I'd imagine a 8mm feels like. Certainly less that my old .308 Axis I traded off to my boy last year.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2