This Mauser thing is getting out of hand.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Picked this one up late last week, It is one of the drilled and tapped M48's Century imported and sold back in 2008. It's numbers matching and has a beautiful bore. The previous owner picked up a Zrac scope set-up to put on it and packed it away. It still needs a good cleaning to get rid of the last of the cosmoline on it. Hope to get it to the range in the next couple of weeks.

Conductor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2019
    ANDREWS
    There's a real nice Mitchell's K98 on GB for a cool $2k if you want another, shows location as Kokomo! Your chance to own a totally legit numbers matching rifle with a totally real German proof that isn't a Russian capture X with another line through it.

I'm only on one Mauser right now, a stock mismatch. One day, the legitimate matching rifles will find their way into my collection.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    There's a real nice Mitchell's K98 on GB for a cool $2k if you want another, shows location as Kokomo! Your chance to own a totally legit numbers matching rifle with a totally real German proof that isn't a Russian capture X with another line through it.

I'm only on one Mauser right now, a stock mismatch. One day, the legitimate matching rifles will find their way into my collection.

LMAO, 2 statements that NEVER go together, Mitchells Mausers, and Legitimate. :lmfao:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I bought one of the Century "Bosnian" sniper rifles back in the first wave in 2001. Had to have the Zrak scope imported back then. The bore is a sewer though. Neat rifles though, still have it.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

You're joking right? They've been known to mill out Russian capture marks and force match part numbers, then claim they are "legitimate".

A fool and their money... I was suckered when I got back into shooting after college by Mitchells. Got a really nice one, with really flat areas where the capture marks would have been and noticeably different color in the finish there...

Conductor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2019
    ANDREWS
    You're joking right? They've been known to mill out Russian capture marks and force match part numbers, then claim they are "legitimate".

I thought between that sarcasm and my follow up post, I wouldn't be taken too seriously. I wouldn't pay a hundred dollars for one of his butch jobs.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    How am I sitting on 2,000 120gr 7mm bullets that won’t move if Mauser is so popular!?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I just picked up my first Mauser, and it's a 7mm. I'm finding out that ammo isn't as prevelent for it as for some other calibers, but It shoots very nice. Low recoil too compared to what I'd imagine a 8mm feels like. Certainly less that my old .308 Axis I traded off to my boy last year.

ewCbMOb.jpg

2T5CIgI.jpg

8ohCzTu.jpg

Top Bottom