• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    There are way to many great options to list. Really need to know your budget and plans(home defense, hunting, plinking, etc) for the pistol build to make good recommendations to you.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    As already mentioned, it would be useful to know your intended purpose. I have had 3 optics on my 10.5” pistol. I use mine for plinking and deer hunting. First I had a Primary Arms 2 MOA dot. I really enjoyed this one and took a few deer with it. Next I messed with a 4-16x cheap scope just to mess around, would not recommend. Right now I have a Burris 2-7x scope. Definitely my favorite all around scope for this gun. At 2x I can shoot it with both eyes open, but at 7x I can reach out to 200+ easily.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Bushnell trs25.

Ill second that. Can find them from time to time for $50. Have one on a 10.5" 223 pistol and use them on my Hipoint carbines as well. Have had no issues with them on any of the 3 calibers they're on (223, 9mm, and 45acp)

AdamP123

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    West-Central
    If I was looking for an optic in the $100 range, I'd spend $20-$30 more and get a 50,000 hour Holosun or Primary Arms red dot.

You could also skip the cheap optic because they are always a bad investment for multiple reasons and just go straight to a legitimately good optic. Personally, I have become a huge fan of the Primary Arms 1x. It's an awesome optic in the $240 range. As far as I am concerned, it's the best optic for the money right now.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I know I'm :horse:, but you know the ol' saying, buy once, cry once.

You'll be upgrading your glass in less than a year and putting it in the classy's or in your parts bin.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I know I'm :horse:, but you know the ol' saying, buy once, cry once.

You'll be upgrading your glass in less than a year and putting it in the classy's or in your parts bin.

I've got a lot of high end optics, I still use the trs25 on budget builds. I've cried for the last 2 months trying to get a good holosun through warranty. On number 3. The gun that was supposed to be wearing it is wearing a trs25 I've had for years on shotguns. Trs is an exceptional budget optic

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I ended up with a Leupold 2-7x32 in a Aero ultralight mount on mine. It's perfect!

Sent the Primary Arms Cyclops back. It was useless.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    I have a acss micro Holosun from primary arms that I have beat the crap out of on a 10.3 5.56 and around 3-4k rounds. Have had it for 3 years perhaps changed the battery once just because not because it was dead. It has the shake and wake technology so it’s auto on/off. I was thinking of getting another holosun that has the eotech type reticle because of the good luck I’ve had. Some do some don’t.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have 3 of these. And Primary arms does some killer deals on packages. Like $69 for a $99 magnifier when you buy it with your red dot. I SOOOO wanted to, but it just wasnt in the budget.

And I only have one complaint. The one Oddball I have if the BM model. it allows you to rotate the activation knob a full 360. The regular versions you can only start at 1 and go up. You cant jump immediately to 11. But for $90 you cant beat it.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-microdot-with-removable-base-gen-2

Top Bottom