Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Wow, very nice. I might have to order some of that...

Plinker

User Info Menu

I bought the rprr in 17hmr. I really like it. You can't go wrong with a cz for decent accuracy.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have a CZ 455 Tactical and I love it. If you ever want to make any upgrades get the Fly Weight trigger. Although expensive it is worth’s the money. Getting a DIP rail is the way to go as well!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I haven't posted in this thread for a while, so I thought I'd add a few pics.

Recent pic of the gun (with old scope):

New scope mounted:

First trip to the range to dial in the scope at 50 yards (didn't have time to go to 100 yards):

Best groups:

User Info Menu

Okay, I was wrong. I measured again and the groups were more like .32, .32 and .38. The .25 was .38. Thought that looked weird...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    Okay, I was wrong. I measured again and the groups were more like .32, .32 and .38. The .25 was .38. Thought that looked weird...
    Ammo?
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

User Info Menu

Most of the time I was using CCI SV. The pink dot next to the dime and the green dot marked .30 in the pic are both using Wolf Match Target. I really need to do an ammo test to see what this rifle likes. I can't afford to shoot match grade stuff a lot, preferring to shoot CCI SV most often. I don't mind buying expensive ammo once in a while to see what the gun will do. I don't plan to compete, but just shoot for the fun of it.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I like that Ruger thumbhole! I have the plain plastic stock Ruger American carbine in 22 Mag but I can see myself with a 22lr version somewhere down the road. I think I will probably get a stainless version as I have no stainless rimfire rifles.

Some years ago I planned to buy an Anschutz 64 MPR as the price then was not too out of reach. Waited too long and the price went way up! I did meet a guy with a 64 MPR and was able to shoot it and it turned in a pretty nice group for me.

My best out of the box 22 rifles in regards to accuracy have been my two CZ 452s. One was bought new in 2002 for $189 - it is the Special now called a Trainer. The other is an American bought new in 2008 for $339 if I recall correctly. I was out shooting the older CZ yesterday and it turned in a couple of fairly nice groups despite the breezy conditions with Wolf Match Target. I have an old Burris 12X on it.

Also have a 10/22 Deluxe with Volquartsen barrel that is a really good shooter.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast