• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I should be picking mine up Friday or Saturday. Anyone have one of these rifles in this caliber or any other caliber?

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I’ve had two or three of them in .223. They were tack drivers. When I owned them, I was limited to 100 yards and they honestly got boring! The biggest problem with the .223 was a very slow twist so they wouldn’t stabilize anything over 55 gr bullets.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I have a 100 yards in my yard but I have few places that I can extend that range a bit.
    I was attracted to this one because of the 28” barrel. Not too practical for hunting but off a bench or laying down some prone shots is where I hope this rifle shines.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I shot it some day before yesterday. I was swabbing between each shot but got 3 three shot groups in. I want to do this for 10 or more shots to help break in the barrel. Whether that really helps or not the jury is still out on that.
    I shot Remington and Federal 140 grain SP’s and Hornady 143 grain ELD-X bullets. Each of the SP’s shot around 1.25” or a tad larger and the Hornady shot under an inch. Again I was swabbing between each shot so I wasn’t expecting sub moa yet.
    Light recoil. I did notice on the Federal shells I had a tight bolt. Didn’t notice this on my last rifle.

Top Bottom