How low can AR's go? $300 for an AR now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I've been talking with friends and colleagues for awhile now, exactly how low can AR's go always comes up and quite honestly I really thought we were bottoming out on the price until this came through my inbox this AM-

Complete PSA build kit minus the stripped lower for $259 delivered - http://bit.ly/freedombuildkit

Cheap lowers have been around for a while but usually you had to go Anderson to get under 40 but with it is a PSA lower with "atf guy" on it for $29- http://bit.ly/approval15

300 bucks and not an Anderson, where the heck do we go from here?

The capitalist in me loves this, the other side of me sees the bottom falling out and worries about how some of these other companies are going to stay in business. The good news is there a tens of millions of people in the US who don't have an AR that should, the more we push out there, the more common they are and less likely bans are going to be able to get passed.

I say, long live the entry level AR! :ar15:
    :ingo:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've been talking with friends and colleagues for awhile now, exactly how low can AR's go always comes up and quite honestly I really thought we were bottoming out on the price until this came through my inbox this AM-

Complete PSA build kit minus the stripped lower for $259 delivered - http://bit.ly/freedombuildkit

Cheap lowers have been around for a while but usually you had to go Anderson to get under 40 but with it is a PSA lower with "atf guy" on it for $29- http://bit.ly/approval15

The capitalist in me loves this, the other side of me sees the bottom falling out and worries about how some of these other companies are going to stay in business. The good news is there a tens of millions of people in the US who don't have an AR that should, the more we push out there, the more common they are and less likely bans are going to be able to get passed.

It's never too early to start shopping for Christmas gifts.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

I was looking at those the other day.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Keep in mind that $30.00 receiver gets tax, shipping and transfer. I ordered three a while back and they averaged $65.00 net each. Your point is still valid though. I too love that the entry level AR is truly that, an accessible, affordable rifle for everyone. No more must you buy your 12 year old a Ruger 10/22 for his first rifle. add $25-$50 more and gain the experience of assembling Jonny's first rifle together.

Father's Day is coming soon.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Keep in mind that $30.00 receiver gets tax, shipping and transfer. I ordered three a while back and they averaged $65.00 net each. Your point is still valid though. I too love that the entry level AR is truly that, an accessible, affordable rifle for everyone. No more must you buy your 12 year old a Ruger 10/22 for his first rifle. add $25-$50 more and gain the experience of assembling Jonny's first rifle together.

PSA has $30 and free shipping, and my ffl is $15. An 80% is $45.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Keep in mind that $30.00 receiver gets tax, shipping and transfer. I ordered three a while back and they averaged $65.00 net each. Your point is still valid though.

I bought the SNEK and Christmas story ones they had on clearance a couple months ago for $39 each, $9 to ship but my local guy is $10 for xfers. I've got several PSA lowers on otherwise top tier builds, I can't find any issues with them. I just got my notice and laid off last week or I'd be buying this set because I was planning on a rattle can experiment this summer and rather than screw with a current build, pick up a cheap one to really have some fun with. I may still do the spray paint experiment but my discretionary funding just went full stop till I can find a new gig.

I too love that the entry level AR is truly that, an accessible, affordable rifle for everyone. No more must you buy your 12 year old a Ruger 10/22 for his first rifle. add $25-$50 more and gain the experience of assembling Jonny's first rifle together.

Yep. I bought a .22lr Cricket my girls first rifle but my first born was 3 at the time. I wanted her to learn to make each shot count before turning her loose on a semi auto with any regularity. Now at 12 and 14, it's AR's without a doubt. :yesway:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    31p5tr.jpg

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    Sometimes iI think we are in "the good old days" now. We may wake up soon and find that AR's are 1000.00 on up, just wondering...

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Agreed, but it gets to a point where marginally better costs exponentially more. Most ar owners I know shoot maybe once a year.

Sho nuff it do. But 'decent' does in no way start at a 300 dollar bill. Not even tree fiddy.

About the shooting per annum part...well, that's a different problem. A fool and their money are soon parted.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Entry level ARs have their place. I doubt..er I hope we never need them to restore order or defend ourselves, homes or freedoms. I am sure many wouldn't hold up long in serious combat (never experienced it so I can only try to imagine the worst). That being said we get what we pay for. And a $300 rifle is better than no rifle and parts can be upgraded

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Man, I hate PSA, but they have some really funny lowers. Snek, Snowflake, and now the ATF guy. Hilarious, but I'll never buy anything from them again.

A really good AR costs as much today as an entry level AR did 10 years ago. And an entry level AR today costs as much as a case of 1000 5.56x45mm rounds.

Crazy how far we've come.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I ordered a psa carry handle last friday and it arrived on tuesday. Saturday I ordered a mid length freedom kit for 279$ it arrived on Wednesday. Sunday a buddy texted me that psa had 29$ lowers so I ordered two safe/fire Sunday night and received tracking info today/Thursday. So far I am pleased with psa shipping times. I also ordered a cmmg 22lr conversion kit with 3 mags to run in this build. Should be a good birthday present for my oldest son.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I was gonna buy five until i realized shipping is $9 EACH! That's like 30%. Can they not put em in one box?
    They never stack shipping like that on FFL items, not that I've seen anyway.

Really? The ad says free shipping.

That's for the rest of it. Lower is separate and $9 to ship.

$259 + $29 + $9 = $297 total aka under $300 delivered

Top Bottom