Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

The barrel is marked 2 3/4 and full choke. I did read up on it also and found the same info mongo stated.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Master

User Info Menu

That thing has a fantastic looking stock and forend. Ok I am going to show some ignorance. Who is the manufacturer? Remington??

User Info Menu

That's a Winchester. I have a model 12 and it's a sweet shooting shotgun. Once you shoot one of those, modern shotguns seem seriously lacking in character.
    Warning! Driver carries MORE than $20 in ammunition.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKUSP View Post
    That's a Winchester. I have a model 12 and it's a sweet shooting shotgun. Once you shoot one of those, modern shotguns seem seriously lacking in character.
    I can't help myself, I'm a shotgun guy. But, as crazy as it may sound I can't recall ever shooting a Winchester.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

The furniture is surprisingly in good shape which makes me wonder if it has been replaced at some point. At least the butt stock. I could see the forend being original.

They quit making the model 12's in the early 60's. I think. Some say they were the best pump action ever made. I can't say that because I haven't shot it yet. My father-in-law had a bunch of model 12's and he loved shooting them. Sadly he lost them all in a house fire last October.

This one might end up with him. I was looking for a 12 gauge for him when I found this one. If he likes it, I'll let him have it.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

My Model 12 trench gun is probably my favorite of everything that I own. These shotguns just look right, not to mention, slam fire capability....
    Highball

User Info Menu

Very nice...I've got a 1939 M12 Riot gun out of Crown Point and a 1929 M12 in 20 gauge with a factory raised rib in modified...Classic and arguably the best pump action shotgun ever made...You did fine...Congrats...
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Sweet shotgun. Obviously has a ton of character; petina is great. Love the old pump wood furniture.

User Info Menu

I have a model 12 in 12 g, I have thought about getting a 16 and a 20. They can be pretty salty any more in good shape. I have a 12 and 16 in the Mod 97. The 16 g was my Dad's.

Expert

User Info Menu

Hi. My name is Mongo, and I am a model 12 junkie.

There is not a thing wrong with the 16. As people get older they find it will do everything the 12 will but "more comfortably".

Your FIL is a blessed man to have so thoughtful a SIL.

I know of no squirrel, rabbit or bird alive today that can tell the story, "they would have had me if it wasn't for the fact they had a 16ga..."
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast