• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Got the OK from my Doctor to resume shooting after my recent cataract surgery so I took my K98k SSR and M48 Zrac to the range. While I was off I bore sighted both since the SSR was way low on its 1st outing in April, and the Zrac hadn't been to the range yet. The SSR was 1st out of the gate and apparently I screwed up something when bore sighting it because after 20 rds I couldn't get it on paper with any consistency.

Next up the Zrac, and after the SSR I couldn't have been more suprised, 1st 10 rounds at 100yds where pretty good, then I shot 20 rds @ 200 yds and was very pleased with the results. Was hoping to try it out to 300 yds but the rains moved in so I decided to call it a day.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Like! We pounded some steel at the RR mil-surp shoot today. I had a m48A there and it did very well. A k98 is on my 2buy list.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Very good! Those old timey scopes don't have the best reticle for precision shooting but you showed they can be very precise in the hands of someone who knows how to use them. Any idea on the problem with the SSR? Maybe a mechanical issue?

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Very good! Those old timey scopes don't have the best reticle for precision shooting but you showed they can be very precise in the hands of someone who knows how to use them. Any idea on the problem with the SSR? Maybe a mechanical issue?

Not sure John, had to shim the rear of the mount for bolt clearence as it was rubbing the bottom of the scope, then i bore sighted it. Might be loose screws or it might be me bore sighting it as it was pretty dark and rainy when i did this one and my 25 yd target spot was a little hard to clearly make out. Figure i will try bore sighting it again and recheck my mount screws to be sure they are snug.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana

I think i found my problem John, re-bore sight my rifle and found the windage way off. Further checking found the right side windage adjustment screw loose.(windage is adjust throught the mount) . Re-sighted in and made sure all the screws where tight. Hopefully.i can get out one night this week to try it out.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    Nice shooting Walt, I had one of your SCW mosin 91/30's out the other day and actually did ok with it at 100 yards. I have yet to acquire a scoped milsurp rifle, would like to pick up a PU sniper one of these days.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I think i found my problem John, re-bore sight my rifle and found the windage way off. Further checking found the right side windage adjustment screw loose.(windage is adjust throught the mount) . Re-sighted in and made sure all the screws where tight. Hopefully.i can get out one night this week to try it out.

Yeah that could be a problem! Good to hear it was nothing serious.

Top Bottom