Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    This gun is a grade 1 with engraving not a standard. The ones I found in 12ga ran $2200-$2500 that's why I asked. A friend in Ohio that collects Auto-5's said that junk ones are $1500-1800 if shotable.
    What do you mean by engraving? Most A5's had scrollwork on them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    What do you mean by engraving? Most A5's had scrollwork on them.
    The grade 1 had more engraving, than the standard at. Personally I think it mainly adds value to the collector who is not going to want a gun with mark's, and a missing bead.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

User Info Menu

INGO is a good place to get opinions. If in doubt about the price of something, I always go to gunbroker and check to see what is getting bids.

M67

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 42769vette View Post
    The grade 1 had more engraving, than the standard at. Personally I think it mainly adds value to the collector who is not going to want a gun with mark's, and a missing bead.
    And a recoil pad with a possible shortened LOP instead of a horn buttplate

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    This gun is a grade 1 with engraving not a standard. The ones I found in 12ga ran $2200-$2500 that's why I asked. A friend in Ohio that collects Auto-5's said that junk ones are $1500-1800 if shotable.
    Sounds like you need to take it to Ohio to me.

There is no reason for me to try and lie to you, but some folks are looser with their bucks than I am.

If the owner needs to sell, it would be a shame to wait patiently by the phone for months for a call that may never come.

What you describe priced at $800 around here would grow cob webs.

If the friend in Ohio thinks he can add a "1" to that, I would be putting him to the test right quick...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    Sounds like you need to take it to Ohio to me.

There is no reason for me to try and lie to you, but some folks are looser with their bucks than I am.

If the owner needs to sell, it would be a shame to wait patiently by the phone for months for a call that may never come.

What you describe priced at $800 around here would grow cob webs.

If the friend in Ohio thinks he can add a "1" to that, I would be putting him to the test right quick...
    1911s are like Glocks except they are for grown-ups.

User Info Menu

The 'grades' I-IV were a pre-war thing and most were dropped by 1940, being a 1948 mfg it would just be a standard gun with the traditional A5 scrollwork and nothing particularly special.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    The 'grades' I-IV were a pre-war thing and most were dropped by 1940, being a 1948 mfg it would just be a standard gun with the traditional A5 scrollwork and nothing particularly special.

I didnt know they changed it in 1940. My father is the real A5 expert, I just know what I know by hearing him talk.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

User Info Menu

I didnt know they changed it in 1940. My father is the real A5 expert, I just know what I know by hearing him talk.
    Ha, i'm no expert either that's just what I got from my Blue Book of Gun Values.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2