• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Had my new Tikka T1x out today so took the opportunity to grab a few pics of my modern Finns. Thought about grabbing a couple of the oldsters to go along with them but since I was in between showers I thought better of it.
    Top to bottom:
    T1x .22 lr. Haven't had it long but easily sub MOA with mid range ammo. Want to try it with good ammo just to see what it is capable of. Has a Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 AO scope. Plan on replacing it down the road once I figure what the rifle's main role is to be.
    T3 Lite in .223, Vortex Diamonback HP 3-12x42 One of my main yote slayers. I've got a handload I use for toothy critters that pushes hard on .5 MOA accuracy. About any decent factory ammo is easy sub MOA, and more than one are well under .75.
    T3x Hunter in 6.5x55 SE, Leupold VX3 3-9x40 For the bigger tasty ones. Since the loosening of deer hunting regs here this is my go-to on both sides of the big creek. It'll put my 140 gr handloads into sub .75 MOA clusters. That load will put anything on the ground I'm likely to run across further than I can see, all without knocking my fillings loose. Been playing with some lighter bullets for yotes, got one that is smoking fast and a little under .75 MOA that will absolutely ruin a song dog's day!
    1gVcDj0.jpg

WREuAFb.jpg

One other thing I think is neat. On the 223 and 6.5 the bolt, barrel, and receiver are all serial numbered, need to look at the 22 and see if it has them also. If nothing else at least a person would know if the bolt had been swapped before buying, and since Tikka only makes one action length in centerfire, it will help prevent swaps at the range.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks! You need to get you one, they are really nice.
    Out of the box the actions are smooottttthhhhhh and the triggers are sweet and easily adjusted. If I had to do it again tho I'd go with a synthetic stock version of the 6.5. Much as that pains me to say! I keep mine wrapped in a couple layers of vet wrap during hunting season just to avoid most of the inevitable nicks and dings. Oh and they've got a cool little "retarded lion" proof from the national crest. That's him just to the right of the serial.
    f4zelaf.jpg

The worse thing about them that I've found is that spare mags are a little salty. I got lucky in that area.When I bought the 223 they had a special promotion, buy a rifle and get $100 accessories free. I added a few bucks and bought a mess of mags. Also found some mags for the 6.5 on clearance so that didn't hurt too bad.
    Also the earlier plastic stocks were hollow and kinda noisey so I filled mine with expanding foam to quieten it down some. The newer plastic stocks have a foam filler from the factory. Otherwise mine are straight from the box.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks MillerTyme! I don't know, there's a couple of M39s in the other room that I really wonder about how they'd do with some decent glass and good handloads. ;)
    It is amazing how much difference there is in these vs the oldies. CNCs, injection molding, CAD compared to manual mills, hand fitting and drawings. Not saying one is better than the other, just different.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My primary Indiana hunting rifle is a Tikka in .260 Remington. I went with the stainless, laminate model because I was more concerned with adverse weather conditions than I was dings and scratches and I don't like plastic stocks. It was my first (modern) Tikka but certainly won't be my last. I already have a T1X on my short list and have barely managed to stop myself from picking up a 695 on several different occasions. It is hard to go wrong with a Tikka, they are great hunting rifles and the prices are hard to beat.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good choice! The 6.5/.260s are some amazing rounds. Almost the perfect combination of high SD, high BC, low recoil, and good accuracy. The old Swede was a no brainer for me. I've got several Mausers that I already reloaded for so I was set.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I ended up with the .260 because I couldn't find a stainless, laminate one chambered in the Swede and because it was 2/3rds the price of one chambered in 6.5 CM.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I can understand that. Seems like they make a limited number in certain calibers and configurations then that's it for a while. When I ordered my 6.5 at the time it was only available with the wood stock. Everything else was backordered with no date for availability. I'm kinda old school anyway so the stock material wasn't that big of a deal to me.

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    Love my tikka t3 superlight in 308. Tikka definitely make some of the best rifles on the market
    6534b1ad541a1a35b05df038d0b1a6e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom