Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    After 14 years of marriage and 18+ years together my wife finally made a comment about my rifles. All she said was "that's quite a collection you've got going there" but every married man on the planet knows that it wasn't just a casual comment, there's something else there lol.

It's not my fault it started raining and I couldn't put them all away after doing some optic swapping earlier today. I don't mind the bedroom looking like this.

Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    Iíve never felt I needed to intentionally keep anything from her, she just never really said anything before. As long as the bills are paid I donít think she really cares, much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Been married for 40 years, the wife doesn't even look anymore.
    Yep, been married 26 years now and the wife doesn't care/ask, but I also don't generally have all the black plastic ut at once. Just seeing one or two at a time she doesn't differentiate them much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    The spouse gets a cut of any gun related transaction I make.
    Sell one/buy one/build one/ fix one.....she gets cash.
    It aint much but over a year she makes out.
    If I do a big transaction she negotiates like a dang lawyer. It is fun. Keeps it lite. Makes it fun.
    I have even built her up a few and yes, it is a transaction.....
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    I don't need to keep purchases from my wife either. Our last conversation after just buying a thermal scanner.

Me: I think I want to buy a REAP-IR
    Her: how much is it?
    Me: $9,000
    Her: didn't you just buy a thermal?
    Me: yeah...
    Her: why don't you wait until next year.
    Me: ok

I don't need to keep secrets.
    I don't mean to be ride but what do you do for a living that allows you to drop 9k on a scope?

I may need a career change.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

User Info Menu

Lol, I work at Chrysler. Three of the four kids got out on their own in the past few years, and my wife got hired full time at Chrysler just before they moved out. Combined with the fact that I work seven days a week, all of it has really helped with my play money.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Nice! Iím digging the Mod 0.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Lol, I work at Chrysler. Three of the four kids got out on their own in the past few years, and my wife got hired full time at Chrysler just before they moved out. Combined with the fact that I work seven days a week, all of it has really helped with my play money.
    Right on thanks. Good on ya man. Have any gladiators on the lot? I'd love to take one for a test drive.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

User Info Menu

I work where we cast the transmissions. We don't see any vehicles.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

We have "some" long guns and a "few" handguns. I'm confident the wife has paid for half of them. She's currently advocating that I get a Glock 43X so our EDC magazines are interchangeable. I'm dragging my feet to see if she'll just buy it for me. She has a direct impingement check book!

Edit: As predicted, just got home from BGF with a new Glock 43X and the wife said, "I'll pay it for it if you want". Darn the luck.
    Last edited by DRob; 06-22-2019 at 13:34.
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

Hop

User Info Menu

My wife's comment won't pass the language filter.

"That's bull****!"

User Info Menu

My wife doesn't really give a rat about guns in general, or how many or what type I have. Just so long as there's enough money for her 'projects' and a little extra for the occasional evening out.
    Some idiots are too busy knowing it all to ever learn anything

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast