Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    Iíve never felt I needed to intentionally keep anything from her, she just never really said anything before. As long as the bills are paid I donít think she really cares, much.
    Same with my wife. Although I donít exactly bring up my gun purchases. Better to just leave them in the safe and not mention it. She understands that I might need a duplicate of a particular type of firearm. She also realizes that guns will eventually leave the house with the boy soon enough. But...she would also ask questions if I started lining stuff up along the wall.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

User Info Menu

Maybe it is the picture of rifles with the subject of family but when I first saw the picture I thought it looked like the "family" sticker people put on the back of their car.

Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    My wife's comment won't pass the language filter.

"That's bull****!"
    Sounds like my 2nd "X"...........
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Recent quote from my wife after a range date:

Her - "I like that one (referring to my 6" BH .357), I think I'll keep it."

Me - "What? Wait, does that mean I have an open spot in the roster to fill?"

H - "That's not what I said. No more, but this one's mine now."

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

Plinker

User Info Menu

Are any of you familiar with the "48 Hour Rule"? Basically it states that anything "new" must be displayed "in the open" for at least 48 hours........then, if you are questioned as to "how long have you had that?", you can state that...."I've had that forever". That applies to things like cars, boats, motorcycles, fishing equipment, guns, etc. "In the open" means that it must not be "hidden", but displayed "more or less" in the open. In this case it means that in a gun cabinet or stacked in the corner with other guns, should apply....this is considered a grey area, so be careful.

If you have questions, I refer you to "Garage Logic" for further information. Look it up. Do your research!

User Info Menu

After 14 years of marriage and 18+ years together my wife finally made a comment about my rifles. All she said was "that's quite a collection you've got going there" but every married man on the planet knows that it wasn't just a casual comment, there's something else there lol.

It's not my fault it started raining and I couldn't put them all away after doing some optic swapping earlier today. I don't mind the bedroom looking like this.

Looks like a man who is prepared for all eventualities. I have a few lined up in the bedroom as well.
    I just finished up my second pistol, and sixth overall AR in the house. My wife walked into the room when I had the pistols out side by side and gave them a look like "where did that one come from?", but never said a word about it. I just bought the lower for my 7th, but it is going to be an X Products Can Cannon for launching tennis balls. I have enough parts to build up 2 upper and lower assemblies from the barrel extension back. The Can Cannon for one and probably an A2 built like the M16A2 I carried in Iraq for the second build.
    Operation Desert Storm Veteran, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, For God and Country.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I have 18 ARs and hope my wife never finds out
    ...and for $50, we won't tell her. 😉

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    ...and for $50, we won't tell her. 
    Thats not fair.LOL

User Info Menu

Iíve never felt I needed to intentionally keep anything from her, she just never really said anything before. As long as the bills are paid I donít think she really cares, much.
    Most don't care, until its time for them to get half.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

Plinker

User Info Menu

I know a guy that collects pipes and has them sent to his friends house so his wife doesnt find out. SHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast