• ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Would be REALLY leery of King's...

I've bought four guns from them in the past, only one I still have (Glock 22, can't screw one of those up...)

They had some Smith 19s a long time ago, "rough exterior condition, perfect mechanical condition, not test fired" police trade ins. Didn't pass timing test when I got it and they would not return it, so I sold it, full disclosure, to a coworker, who spent a LOT of money to get it running correctly, only to find the forcing cone cracked. Luckily, he was enamored with the pistol enough to get a 2.5" blued barrel installed and its a REALLY nice gun after he hot blued it on his stovetop. $450 for the gun, I think my coworker mentioned about $500 in labor.

Remington 870, again, "rough exterior condition, perfect mechanical condition, not test fired" police trade ins. First one I got didn't even have an ejector pinned in, second one I got had a horrifically corroded bolt (corrosion around the firing pin hole that actually allowed the primer to flow in). They didn't offer to replace anything, just sticking with that they would fire if used. I fixed them both up and sold them over time. $250 each, spent maybe $100 getting an ejector pinned, the other needed $120 in parts.

The Glock 22 I got required a complete spring rebuild (all were rusted), and claimed it came with three mags (two were 10 rounders, the third was from a Glock 23, again, 10 rounder), had a pitted bore but still shot ok after rebuild, so I didn't bother with the barrel. I kept it as a car console gun and it has remained in there ever since. $350 for the gun, $30 in parts (if I recall correctly).

All aside, every one of the "screaming deals" I got from them required some significant and relatively expensive work to bring the total for each up to nearly used pricing from a local shop and they looked horrific.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers

I've bought four guns from them in the past, only one I still have (Glock 22, can't screw one of those up...)

They had some Smith 19s a long time ago, "rough exterior condition, perfect mechanical condition, not test fired" police trade ins. Didn't pass timing test when I got it and they would not return it, so I sold it, full disclosure, to a coworker, who spent a LOT of money to get it running correctly, only to find the forcing cone cracked. Luckily, he was enamored with the pistol enough to get a 2.5" blued barrel installed and its a REALLY nice gun after he hot blued it on his stovetop. $450 for the gun, I think my coworker mentioned about $500 in labor.

Remington 870, again, "rough exterior condition, perfect mechanical condition, not test fired" police trade ins. First one I got didn't even have an ejector pinned in, second one I got had a horrifically corroded bolt (corrosion around the firing pin hole that actually allowed the primer to flow in). They didn't offer to replace anything, just sticking with that they would fire if used. I fixed them both up and sold them over time. $250 each, spent maybe $100 getting an ejector pinned, the other needed $120 in parts.

The Glock 22 I got required a complete spring rebuild (all were rusted), and claimed it came with three mags (two were 10 rounders, the third was from a Glock 23, again, 10 rounder), had a pitted bore but still shot ok after rebuild, so I didn't bother with the barrel. I kept it as a car console gun and it has remained in there ever since. $350 for the gun, $30 in parts (if I recall correctly).

All aside, every one of the "screaming deals" I got from them required some significant and relatively expensive work to bring the total for each up to nearly used pricing from a local shop and they looked horrific.

That sounds terrible. I've never had an issue (this is my 6th purchase) with them. I bought 2 so we'll see if my luck holds up.

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield

Thank you for the heads up.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Slightly tempting, but with shipping and transfer, the price would be too close to that of a new Maverick 88 to justify. If it needed any repair work, it would put it into the realm of a used good-very good 500 quite quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Picked one up.
    I've never bought a gun online before. I had it sent to bradis. Do I need to call them and give them a heads up?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Picked one up.
    I've never bought a gun online before. I had it sent to bradis. Do I need to call them and give them a heads up?

Up to the individual FFL's preference. I have not done a transfer at Bradis, so may not be a bad idea to call them or PM Simon6101 on INGO as he works at Bradis on the weekends.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I got a phone call from them yesterday inviting me down to fill out some paper work.
    Drove down after work and got it squared away. Now im just waiting for them to call and tell me they have it.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I got a phone call from them yesterday inviting me down to fill out some paper work.
    Drove down after work and got it squared away. Now im just waiting for them to call and tell me they have it.

They rape on the transfer at Bradis. Only time I used them it was $35. Good prices in their store but got the feeling they don’t like doing transfers.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    They rape on the transfer at Bradis. Only time I used them it was $35. Good prices in their store but got the feeling they don’t like doing transfers.
    New England shops in general are even worse. Cheapest I've been able to find within ok distance is $45. My usual shop is $50. Makes pulling the trigger on anything online much more difficult.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Mine came in yesterday and I feel like I got a really good deal. Sure they're a little rough but they're perfect for what I have planned. Wish I'd bought more.

KCaQLpm.jpg

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Still waiting on mine. It's been a week and bradis hasn't sent the FFL info to Kings yet.

Called today and the nice fellow on the phone had no info as to why it hasn't been sent but made a note for it to be looked into on Friday.

I might need to use a different shop next time.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Still waiting on mine. It's been a week and bradis hasn't sent the FFL info to Kings yet.

Called today and the nice fellow on the phone had no info as to why it hasn't been sent but made a note for it to be looked into on Friday.

I might need to use a different shop next time.

USDS is a great place for transfers, and they post their FFL on their website... https://www.usds.biz/page.firearm-transfers bit of a hike for me, but great service. That said, I may start working with AllenM on my transfers.

As far as Bradis goes, PM Simon6101 here on INGO. He works there part time (weekends) but can likely help you out. He's the only person at Bradis I deal with.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Thanks for the suggestion, I don't think pm'ing will speed things up at all. Maybe they will throw in a box of slugs for the delay.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why would they? Wait until the interwebz gun stores put most of the dealers out of business. $100 transfers will be the name of the game. I’ve seen stores that will not do a transfer on anything that was available to them. Their license, their rules.

Top Bottom