Trying to figure out exactly what this rifle is. K98 variant of some sort.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I have a rifle that has been sporterized and it is a k98 of some sort. Is it a K98a? I don't really know. Trying to figure out model and approximate year.

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I would love to return this back to stock configuration. I am guessing that is going to be tough. I am already Looking for a 1917 stock (Eddystone) and an Arisaka type 99 long stock.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Meanwhile, it looks like a right handy hunting rifle and if you reload it's chambered for one of the best hunting cartridges ever invented.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Undoing Bubba Joe's hardiwork can take many dollars, cents and years to find the correct parts.

This. The stock set will cost you a few HUNDRED dollars by itself, IF you can even find a Polish stock. The barrel bands aren't hard to find, but the stacking hook is a fairly unique feature to these not shared by many other military Mausers, and will also cost you an absurd amount of cash relative to what it is.

You would be better off buying a non- bubba rifle, and keeping this one for parts.

I won't tell the OP it's impossible to put this rifle right again, but 99% of people who consider this have no concept of what the cost of such as project actually is. It is virtually always more than the rifle would ever be worth.

That's one of the reasons why people get so upset when people cut these guns up.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'm still kicking myself for not picking up that Swedish mauser from the 20s that BtB in Seymour had last year. I couldn't confirm all the wood bits were original, but the metal was in amazing condition.

Especially next to the Spanish Mausers next to it that looked they had had been rolled in mud enough to be permanently that color.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom