Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

I will try to measure the barrel length. We have been using the .17 HMR to kill pigs with in Texas and for a light gun and a small bullet, it is very effective.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The barrel length is 22". What glass is everyone using?

Plinker

User Info Menu

I put a BSA Sweet 17 scope on my rifle. 6-18x. The finish came off of the original. To their credit, BSA sent a brand new scope free of charge. Very surprised at the good quality of the product for the price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot308 View Post
    I have the 917VS. It is older but shoots really well. I use the Federal V Shok with the 17gr Hornady bullet
    Optics? I tend to go big with .17, it enhances the experience.
    What's the matter Col. Sanders? Chicken?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot308 View Post
    I put a BSA Sweet 17 scope on my rifle. 6-18x. The finish came off of the original. To their credit, BSA sent a brand new scope free of charge. Very surprised at the good quality of the product for the price.
    10-4, I don't think I have anything less than a 6-24x50 on any of my .17's I really like the way you can use big time magnification and still "watch" the bullet all the way to target through the scope due to the minimum recoil.

User Info Menu

I have a 17 HMR lever gun that has been dedicated to hunting the varmints that kill my chickens. I've taken over 200 raccoons with it over the last three years or so. It's a good little round, but I've never shot it for groups or at any real distance.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Shhh dont let the cat out of the bag on this one. Its a sweet round that I enjoy dearly. Has limits with wind! Slices like a golf ball. I keep it within 150yrds. First time I fired it my .22's hit the classy adds and got gone. No more ricochet risk and poor filthy ammo problems. It isn't loud like people complain and my kids are learning to shoot with it. Actually snipers with it. Hilarious to watch the bullet impact tiny targets. Its a blast! Going to get some head shots on squirrel this fall. Ammo can be had on sale in the 9 bucks a box range.

Have a Savage 93R17 FVSR. Threw the stock and mounting hardware in the garbage and installed a Boyds pro varmit with DIP bottom metal kit. Snapped up a cheap Center Point 6-24 AO with illumination from a show.

Its probably the most accurate out of the box gun Ive ever owned. It did have the scope base screws cross threaded from factory I had to fix. The factory stock was a joke so it got pitched. Overall a wonderful purchase. Might venture into something lighter for hunting but it works for now. Regretting not buying a Savage a guy had in 17HM2 awhile back for a 100 bucks outfitted nice. Darn it.....
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Is the lever action a Henry?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper 79 View Post
    Snapped up a cheap Center Point 6-24 AO with illumination from a show. .
    Another great secret, CenterPoint scopes are pretty darn nice!

Plinker

User Info Menu

What model of Centerpoint do you have?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast