• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I found a way to make the evil black AR15 rifles more acceptable to the left, make them look like a regular rifle. I really like the look of these. Blackgunswood is just trying to take my money! They might just get it one day.
    ar15 Wood.JPG

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I actually like the way that looks as well. Some other options for those living in less gun-friendly states:

scr lower.JPG lee armory sporter.JPG

These two options, as well as the one you posted, I like because they do nothing to hamper the original functionality but "look less scary" and are California compliant. Instead of maybe buying a whole gun like a Mini-14 or SKS you can change around some parts on your rifle and have the same less-triggering effect.

At the same time, it's BS that some of us have to care about what our guns look like to please others... But glad companies are innovating anyway.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I actually like the way that looks as well. Some other options for those living in less gun-friendly states:

View attachment 78772 View attachment 78773

These two options, as well as the one you posted, I like because they do nothing to hamper the original functionality but "look less scary" and are California compliant. Instead of maybe buying a whole gun like a Mini-14 or SKS you can change around some parts on your rifle and have the same less-triggering effect.

At the same time, it's BS that some of us have to care about what our guns look like to please others... But glad companies are innovating anyway.

Like a reverse Saiga.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I did this with my INGO lower build... IIRC, I got the wood furniture from Brownell's.

YYrAOyG.jpg

j7SgXic.jpg

wyP0Jeb.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have that same stock on my 458 Socom. I wanted something different, and this was different. I have gotten rid of the forearm and it is currently running a free float rail.

I knew I wanted the A2 style, and being more of a wood and steel kinda guy (although I have multiple evil black rifles, none are in the A2 style), I was attracted to this option. I actually sent the forearm, BCG and charging handle to TNTE (Top Notch Top Ends) and they built the upper.

Last edited:

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I knew I wanted the A2 style, and being more of a wood and steel kinda guy (although I have multiple evil black rifles, none are in the A2 style), I was attracted to this option. I actually sent the forearm, BCG and charging handle to TNTE (Top Notch Top Ends) and they built the upper.
    Brownells claimed any A2 butt plate would work. I never found one that would. I made one from a piece of plastic we had laying around at work. That was the only problem I had with mine.

i was tired of "black plastic" and wanted to "warm up" an AR.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Brownells claimed any A2 butt plate would work. I never found one that would. I made one from a piece of plastic we had laying around at work. That was the only problem I had with mine.

i was tired of "black plastic" and wanted to "warm up" an AR.
    You know, I had forgotten about that. I think I had to do a little fitting work to get the butt plate to fit rightl

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I found a way to make the evil black AR15 rifles more acceptable to the left, make them look like a regular rifle. I really like the look of these. Blackgunswood is just trying to take my money! They might just get it one day.
    View attachment 78771

This is in my plans also. I was originally thinking I would get the Boyd's set when I ordered a 20 inch upper a couple of weeks ago. When it got here I realized it has the triangular front collar for the hand guard and Boyd's says it must be round. So I looked at these and they require the triangular type so it looks like I will go with this when I am ready. Also, as others mentioned Brownell's, it looks like the discontinued their wood set. I just ordered the lower build kit and buffer today. These are kind of pricey but there isn't any other options out there that I see.

Top Bottom