• 22LR

8 61.54%
  • 17HMR

5 38.46%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

New CZ for 2019 in 17HMR or 22?

Hey so I am a 22 fan and have a few rifles and 2 suppressors for them. CZ just launched a new rifle that looks great and I want to get it. On the website it looks like its just a 22 but on Gunbroker they offer them in 17 as well.

I would be doing 50 to 100 yards, 200 being the longest my local range offers. My question is which caliber should I get? I have tons of 22 ammo but kind of want to go with the 17, I have never shot one though. Are they more accurate than 22? cost of ammo is not something I am worried about.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-457-varmint-at-one/

User Info Menu

I found the 17 to be a flatter shooting round, but not necessarily a more accurate, round than 22s. It is a very fun round though.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

I’ve got the 457 provarmit suppressor ready, unless you need the adjustability of the at one I’d say save the extra $100 and put that into good glass. For me even at 200 yards, .22lr does what I need. It suppresses better, has good killing power out to 75 yards and punches paper or hits steel out to 200. Plus it’s cheaper and more readily available. On that note I’m still considering the 24” version of the at one as a bench gun to replace my Ruger rpr
    Follow me on Instagram @gunrunner219

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I want that wood looking stock. I have enough black guns including a 22 RPR. The 24 inch barrel really that much more accurate? I do not hunt so it's all paper

User Info Menu

Nope, doesn’t make it any more accurate than the 16” barrel. It does balance the gun out a little differently though. And as the 24” barrel pushes the bullet uncorking out further it makes it a little more quiet. With standard velocity ammo you could get away with no ears.
    the laminated stock does look good, I’ll give it that

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

A little confused now but just got an email back from CZ that they only make that rifle in 22LR. I am guessing the ones that are 17HMR on GB are ones people put a different barrel on? Guess that means 22 anyway.. At least I will have a bunch of ammo for it.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=chef1231;7991389]A little confused now but just got an email back from CZ that they only make that rifle in 22LR. I am guessing the ones that are 17HMR on GB are ones people put a different barrel on? Guess that means 22 anyway.. At least I will have a bunch of ammo for it.[/QUO

Okay so CZ actually emailed me back and said he made a mistake and they did make a small run of 17HMR's. Appers that it is only with the 24 inch barrel... I don't really care since it would be a bench rifle but dammmm that's big for a rimfire, no?

User Info Menu

24” isn’t that uncommon, though it is more uncommon now than it used to be.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

I actually took my CZ 457 At-one 24” 17HMR (that’s a mouth full) out for the first time today. I have a 455 Varmint suppressor ready too. Love that gun, but the 457 with the At-one stock was so much fun. The adjustability in the trigger is by FAR the best upgrade. The shorter throw bolt is great too for scoping it. Love the stock. If you’re even considering the 17HMR, go for it! It’s my first one, and I really enjoyed it today. Honestly, it suppressed way better than I expected too, but it’s kinda hard to reach that suppressor 24” out there. Haha.

User Info Menu

The 24” 17hmr is threaded? I was led to believe all the 24” models were NOT threaded!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast