• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Trying to read the tea leaves and consider the purchase of rifles I otherwise wouldn't in light of what may be a political winter for the AR platform.
    I have a 6.5 grendel, and a mini 30 (ruger mini in 7.62x39). I had an AR in 5.56 that never got shot so I sold it back to the guy I bought it from.

I'm considering just buying a few ar15 receivers now to build later. I'm also considering buying a PSA or similarly priced complete AR 15 because freedom. I'm also thinking buying an ar15 in 7.62x39 and replacing the mini 30. Of course, also considering 300 blackout.

I'm a bigger fan of the .30 caliber rounds mainly because of their legal hunting status and I just like the bigger thump they put on steel.

Anybody else thinking along these lines?

mrm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    the region
    The beauty of PSA lowers is theyre priced well enough that you could shelf a couple, plus it gives you something to think about

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My problem is everytime i get a lower within a month or 2 it turns into a complete gun. Cant seem to just put them away and leave them.

Just picked up a lower 2 weeks ago with intentions of just throwing it in the safe.

I now have an Aero xl upper, anodized red upper and lower parts kit, stock, free float handguard, gas systen, muzzlebrake, trigger, and barrel enroute. All thats left is a bcg which I'll probably order tomorrow.
    This one is manifesting itself into a 450 bushmaster:ar15:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, what the hell do I do with all these standard selectors since I always replace them with ambis?

Or do I tell the wife they are AR seeds and since I have one if I put it under my pillow the AR fairy will replace it with a lower? :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why would we possibly believe that the next ban will allow grandfathering of existing receivers and components?

Every single one of our political enemies openly state that, if elected, they will take that sort of firearm away from us lowly citizens. We will not be allowed to posses "weapons of war," ie all semi automatic rifles. Our modern muskets will be completely illegal, if we allow the enemy to win. We are barely teetering on keeping the numbers to stop this.

At the same time, we are allowing our only effective real lobbying organization to flounder in disgrace and a lot of "us" are actually fueling those flames.

Sadly, it looks as if we have a perfect storm coming.

The buying of receivers is an old plan that worked once. The enemy learned from that move also. It might be a better consideration to buy complete rifles and bury them. You know what they say about "If it's time to bury them,...

Last edited:

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I ordered a lower on Friday to complete an upper Ive had just laying around. Definitely not going to stockpile parts anymore... mags on the other hand...

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    My god, you guys are going to make me start buying uppers for all of my lowers.

Well they could always say they are machine guns, not offer amnesty or grandfathering and turn us all into felons overnight. May all be wasted money

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Well they could always say they are machine guns, not offer amnesty or grandfathering and torn us all into felons overnight. May all be wasted money
    We will be felons anyway. It won't really matter one way or another. Stroke of the pen will be all it will take. Just be ready.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    On a related note, what the hell do I do with all these standard selectors since I always replace them with ambis?

Or do I tell the wife they are AR seeds and since I have one if I put it under my pillow the AR fairy will replace it with a lower? :dunno:

AR Seedlings! I hear they grow best in dark locked up places like safes.

:):

Top Bottom