• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2019
    Culver
    Hey guys I'm looking at an Enfield 1942 lithgow on armlist guy is asking 500 for it with a indian bayonet, 50 rounds of new ammo on stripper clips in a bandoleer, and a 1917 us repro sling. What's the going price on all that?

Attachments

• 20190815_140006.jpg
      20190815_140006.jpg
      735.1 KB · Views: 18
    • 20190815_135932.jpg
      20190815_135932.jpg
      759.7 KB · Views: 34

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    That doesn't seem like a bad deal as long as the inside of the barrel looks good. Also, the magazine on that rifle doesn't look original to me. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Having a non-original magazine may not matter to some people but it would to a collector.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The magazine is a .308 NATO mag for the SMLE. I could be wrong, but I think only Ishapore ever made these in .308. Consequently, that mag may not even work in that rifle, don't know for sure. Lithgow's are usually sought after, so it could still be a good deal, but I would research the mag issue first.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/376330

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    First, welcome to Ingo.
    Now, for the SMLE, that asking price the o.p. has listed just floored me.
    It may very well be a deal, today, but I would not have guessed that high.

This has been years ago now, maybe 10 or more, but I ran across a 1942 Lithgow SMLE and bought it for a song.
    Mine was being sold by a widow who had no idea of the value of her possessions.
    When her husband died some "family friend" made up a list of firearms that hubby owned and put what he said was "reasonable prices" on each piece.
    The family and "friends" took their choice of the lot before I even knew of the sale, so by the time I got to view the list, the only ones left were the "unwanted leftovers".

I was not in the market for a mil-surp, but when I see a deal...
    My Lithgow SMLE had a price of $35 on it when I arrived.
    I felt bad about taking it at that price, so I offered her twice what she was asking and she jumped on my offer.
    I ended up buying the SMLE for $70, along with one proper mag.

I also ended up buying a type 99 Arisaka with an intact mum for another $70!
    It too was listed for $35 and I just couldn't do that to her

My brother fared about the same.
    He came away with a Norinco SKS that he gave $70 for, also listed for $35, and a S&W revolver (not sure of the model) for about $50.

We did a very small job for this lady and she wanted to trade firearms for the labor.
    We finished the job in short order, and then ended up giving HER money before we left.

I still haven't figured out who thought a Lithgow SMLE or a Norinco SKS are only worth $35 each.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    The magazine is a .308 NATO mag for the SMLE. I could be wrong, but I think only Ishapore ever made these in .308. Consequently, that mag may not even work in that rifle, don't know for sure. Lithgow's are usually sought after, so it could still be a good deal, but I would research the mag issue first.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/376330

I think you are wrong, rob63.

The .308 magazine has a lot less angle to the floorplate than shown in OP's photo.

Compare:

195680.jpg 376330.jpg

But it does look like an aftermarket magazine.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That mag sells on the Sportsman's Guide for about $20. I bought a couple just to have some extras for mine. They work after a fashion but only hold 8 not 10 rounds and if you don't tape the bottom plate on because of the angle when you insert it the plate will slide right off and disassemble before your eyes dumping all your ammo on the ground. If you got that package you'd definitely want to find a real one; I believe both Numrich and SARCO have them.

Top Bottom