• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I just picked up my new CZ 457 today with a free float barrel. I noticed that if I push to the left or the right toward the front of the stock that the barrel moves. I called CZ and they said the barrel system allows for swapping out other calliblers but that it shouldn't move like that. I had a scope mounted at
    Cabelas today and they guy there said it would do that since it is a free float system. Not sure which one is right, I would assume CZ but he sounded like it was his 1st day there too.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    All barrels will flex. Bull barrels flex less. Thinner barrels flex more.

With that said, there should not be any movement between the receiver and barrel. If there is, it needs to be fixed. I don't know how the CZ 457 barrel is secured to the receiver but it may just need tightening.

Hopefully someone with knowledge of the CZ 457 will be along shortly.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So it turned out that a little tightening was needed and I think she is good to go. Received 12 different kinds of ammo today so testing will start on Wednesday!!

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    After talking with CZ they said the two screws at the bottom are used to swap out the barrel and while it should have not left the factory lose to check it. A few turns with a T-25 bit and we are good as new.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Thus far, my latest acquisition--a 457 Sporter--has proven to be no Anschutz. :) (But I didn't ask it to be.)

It is not that far behind for a 6 lb rifle though... probably 3/4 Minute or so at 50 yards. Not bad for a whippy little barrel, new leade, and little testing.

Top Bottom