My new rifle. Range text in the morning!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Super excited to try this bad boy out. I plan on trying a 9 different brands to see what shoots the best groups. Rifle is a CZ 457 17HMR with a 24 inch barrel.

IMG_1665_zpsnk2j8gwc.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_1666_zpsyvnfgmep.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Well off to a rocky start with this rifle. First I have to say that I am new to trying to shoot a rimfire or any rifle 50+ yards for groups. Usually I just shoot without putting to much attention to where the last round went. Also pretty new to bolt actions as well so take this with a grain of salt. New unfired CZ rifle had 3 rounds that failed to fire after the firing pin hit them, all different brands. I had one nasty one get stuck inside the barrel unfired that almost sent me packing after only 10 mins of shooting. Luckily I was able to get it out but need to order a rod for sure now. I can't imagine what I was doing wrong to have them not go off and I find it super unlikely that it was the ammo to fault. After the 50 yard line I had zero malfunctions at the 100 yard line so maybe a fluke. Looks like the Hornady V-Max came out on top this time around in both 50 and 100. I should note that I made no scope adjustments from the 50 to the 100 yard line.

IMG_1672_zpsnz3psig5.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_1673_zpsydjt2gla.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1668_zpsbmnq038d.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom