Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

User Info Menu

I bought my first Colt AR around 1980, sold it in 1984, then bought another couple years later that was made in 1978, added a upper HBAR and always shoots good except for wolf ammo, we figure it hasn't worn enough and tight tolerance is the cause. Shoots good semi or belt loop. I always thought Colt made good quality AR's, at least back then.
    Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants. William Penn

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    My Colt 20" A4 runs like a sewing machine, and the attention to detail is spot on. To be honest, I can't find any fault with the rifle, especially not for the price. Going to be giving FN a try here soon, then I'll be able to make a better comparison.
    Update, got the FN today.

Fit and finish looks nicer on the FN and came with a much nicer trigger. I wouldn't exactly say it's a better built gun than the colt, though. From going through all the parts, I'd be a little more confident saying the colt is built to military specifications than the FN is.

Also from my reading on the topic, they're only halting production for 60 days.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

User Info Menu

Update, got the FN today.

Fit and finish looks nicer on the FN and came with a much nicer trigger. I wouldn't exactly say it's a better built gun than the colt, though. From going through all the parts, I'd be a little more confident saying the colt is built to military specifications than the FN is.

Also from my reading on the topic, they're only halting production for 60 days.
    FN is a fine weapon. However, FN has had the technical support package from ACC/PA for a very long time.

I drooled over that M16A4 myself. Think I am going with the Tactical Carbine next:

And then one from Sionics. SOLGW, and their attitude, make me want to spend money with them too.

https://www.guns.com/news/2013/02/26...colt-remington
    Last edited by Kirk Freeman; 09-25-2019 at 19:31.
    The basics applied lead to expertise

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    FN is a fine weapon. However, FN has had the technical support package from ACC/PA for a very long time.

I drooled over that M16A4 myself. Think I am going with the Tactical Carbine next:

And then one from Sionics. SOLGW, and their attitude, make me want to spend money with them too.

https://www.guns.com/news/2013/02/26...colt-remington
    AFAIK, due to having the TDP they (FN) can't make the rifles using the TDP for the civilian market or for foreign sales. Likely why it has a 14.7" button rifled barrel instead of a CHF 14.5". Bolt carrier is also lacking manufacturer markings, so it's likely not the same carrier used on issue rifles. Oh, and the barrel profile is clearly an M4 SOCOM profile, but lacking the M203 cuts.
    Last edited by Tombs; 09-25-2019 at 20:10.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

User Info Menu

Bolt carrier is also lacking manufacturer markings, so it's likely not the same carrier used on issue rifles.
    Think you might be right on this. Going to check this before I get one; good call, Tombs.
    The basics applied lead to expertise

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Think you might be right on this. Going to check this before I get one; good call, Tombs.
    Tombs is right. Colt still “owns” the TDP, so the 6920 is still the most technically correct civilian version available. While it’s still available.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5