• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    (In response to the news, one industry insider told us . . .
    They’ve been losing left and right to companies both big and small. They don’t have the high end or the low end market, and they’ve finally realized that the prancing pony isn’t enough for this generation of shooters to buy less rifle for more money. Instead of getting better, they’ve given up.)

This pretty much sums it up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Stand by!! Hold the phone!!

I originally got this news from Tom Greshem’s Twitter feed. Now he’s saying it was click bait.

Grain of salt advised until further notice.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Supposedly Colt has a 120 day supply of rifles already made and is going to use the manufacturing capacity freed up for things that are actually selling, like revolvers.

However Colt has stopped selling to the civilian market before and their pre-bankruptcy management was all about .mil contracts above all, so either way it shakes out I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Supposedly Colt has a 120 day of rifles already made and is going to use the manufacturing capacity freed up for things that are actually selling, like revolvers.

However Colt has stopped selling to the civilian market before and their pre-bankruptcy management was all about .mil contracts above all, so either way it shakes out I'm not surprised.

You know, it's reasonable, rational thought like this that takes away my anger at ex-generals running Colt.

Give me my anger back!!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Supposedly Colt has a 120 day of rifles already made and is going to use the manufacturing capacity freed up for things that are actually selling, like revolvers.

Wouldnt be the first time I was told "pound sand. We are too busy to sell to you." In fact, 2 weeks ago. I was told by a paving contractor they are too busy to do our job due to .gov contracts.

rengler22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Indy
    Isn't that the same site that churns out meme-tier firearms articles written by a developmentally disabled AI?

Anyway hopefully this means I can sell my 6920 to some cloner for $2,500 next year. :rockwoot:

Going to need to slap the factory barrel and trigger back in there if that's the case. Collector's item. All original. ;)

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't count Colt out forever on this.
    In the late 1980's when I bought my first AR15 HBAR, the very next day they announced no more sales of AR15's to the public.
    They were back selling them to the public a few years later.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2019/9/12/the-truth-about-colts-ar-15-production/

Paul Spitale, Colt’s senior vice president for commercial business [stated] ...market for modern sporting rifles has seen a significant decline in demand, leading to some of the lowest prices ever seen for new-in-box AR-15s...“We’ve seen a pretty sharp decline in rifle sales, given our price points... Colt’s manufacturing capacity for AR-style rifles is currently tied up in producing guns for outstanding contracts. ..Meanwhile, Colt is re-focusing its efforts on another segment of the market that has seen increased demand and continues to be a big driver for the company: handguns.

“We’re going to focus on the products that our consumers are asking for. We’ve expanded our 1911s and our revolver line, and that market has been very positive for us,” Spitale said.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2019/9/12/the-truth-about-colts-ar-15-production/

Paul Spitale, Colt’s senior vice president for commercial business [stated] ...market for modern sporting rifles has seen a significant decline in demand, leading to some of the lowest prices ever seen for new-in-box AR-15s...“We’ve seen a pretty sharp decline in rifle sales, given our price points... Colt’s manufacturing capacity for AR-style rifles is currently tied up in producing guns for outstanding contracts. ..Meanwhile, Colt is re-focusing its efforts on another segment of the market that has seen increased demand and continues to be a big driver for the company: handguns.

“We’re going to focus on the products that our consumers are asking for. We’ve expanded our 1911s and our revolver line, and that market has been very positive for us,” Spitale said.

Translation: "We can make more money selling different stuff because this particular market is saturated. Buh bye. Maybe see ya later. We'll be over here making different stuff for people who are paying more for our products in the meantime."

Top Bottom