• ...and so much more!
  • dan45

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    brownsburg
    Has anyone had any experience with the Franklin Armory Binary 3 position trigger for AR's? Is this a drop in trigger or does it need to be installed by a gunsmith. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Most definitely does not need to be installed by a smith. It's no more difficult than any other two stage trigger to install. Just follow the instructions and all is well.

Sent from my bad arse OnePlus 7 Pro

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    From internet reviews, the Fostech echo II trigger works better. I have not tried the Franklin, but I HAVE tried the Fistech, and it worked incredibly well.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I have the BFS3 in my AR9. Its slightly more difficult to install than a regular trigger but if you follow the given directions and you have any mechanical skills you shouldnt have any issues. My friend had the Fostech and it was fun but would hickup sometimes. I wanted to try something different since I had someone to help compare. After trying my BFS3 he has 1 now. Its a seriously fun upgrade.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I accidentally had a binary trigger once. Didn't adjust the little allen screws properly on a regular drop-in trigger and wound up with a trigger that functioned like a binary trigger. It was fun for a minute! I fixed it as soon as I got home though.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I think the Fostech is $480. I've being eyeing them for a while, just haven't pulled the trigger yet..... yes, I said it. I kind of like the idea of that versus full auto. If I could afford a full auto AR platform, I think burst fire would make more sense anyway.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you’re going to play/dabble, the Fostech is way more forgiving. Both are bumpstockish toys, but to each his own. With the Fostech, though, you get a really good trigger in the semi mode, as opposed to the other. Just my two cents, having played/dabbled with both, to save the five figure plus $200 way to reach happiness.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I know they don't require a Smith to install. We had an officer show up to patrol rifle school with a rifle he installed one in. He was quickly pulled off the line and that trigger ripped out...haha.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I think the Fostech is $480. I've being eyeing them for a while, just haven't pulled the trigger yet..... yes, I said it. I kind of like the idea of that versus full auto. If I could afford a full auto AR platform, I think burst fire would make more sense anyway.

If you shop around, you can find them for UNDER $400

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have a few. I am running them in my 9mm Ar's because in order to run the Fostech the 9mm bolt has to be modified. My Cz Scorpion loves the one in it and my grandson loves the one in the 15-22

dan45

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    brownsburg
    Thanks for the info. The one I was looking at was the BFS111 for the 5.56. From the catalog pictures it looks a little different than yours for the 9. Glad to hear good things about them.

Top Bottom