• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dionesius3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Alabama
    I just recently got a new Mossberg 930 combo with and 18”and 26” barrel it came with three chokes and a polymer stock in black. I was fortunate enough to get it for considerably less than the average retail price. It was a purchase from an online auction site. I got the gun seven days later and ran it through a shakedown with various types of shotgun loads. 2 3/4” and 3” high and low brass loads. From field loads to premium buckshot and slug loads. Over 150 rounds later I can say that it’s a great gun!
    It shot and functioned perfectly.

I did do a good cleaning of the gun before the session and found it to be in great condition and likely would have been fine straight from the box. These guns are a fantastic deal for what you get for the retail price and I would not hesitate to buy again.

After my my session I cleaned it up again and found it to be not too bad. It was dirty but not as dirty as I thought it would be. I have had Beretta A300 and Remington 1100’s that couldn’t have run like this gun on their best day.

I was never a big fan of Mossberg before because they didn’t seem to be as tough as other brands, but having run this one and then cleaning it I now know that it is going to be a good gun. It shoots faster than I can run it, it doesn’t get as dirty as either of the other guns I have had, and it shoots and cycles with a broader assortment of loads than any auto shotgun I have ever been around.

Call me well statisfied!
    D00BA0CE-19A8-4840-8C9B-405A4634E763.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Nice first impressions write up, thanks. The 930 family has a good rep. I kind hope they come out with a "firearm" version like the 1100 based Tac 13.

Dionesius3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Alabama
    F5FF6E8F-D843-4396-9DB5-CFDB76E07958.jpeg
    Nice first impressions write up, thanks. The 930 family has a good rep. I kind hope they come out with a "firearm" version like the 1100 based Tac 13.

The problem is that it has a recoil spring in the Butt that would have to be redesigned in order to work. See above picture and note the rod. That birds head grip would have to be significantly longer. Or else have a complete redesign. So I don’t think you will see one anytime soon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom