• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Recently picked up a Ruger 9mm PC Carbine Take Down model. Looking to get some genuine Glock magazines for it. Anyone know if I need to be concerned with which Generation magazines it will accept?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I've had no issues with gen 3 19 mags, or the pmags. Have probably close to 1k of my reloads through mine no issues. Have a Bushnell TRS25 red dot on top and at 50yds hitting a 9in paper plate like it is nothing. Looking to get the tandemkross trigger and spring kit to try out.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I'm not real familiar with the Glock magazines. But this is what I found on Ruger's website. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right ones.

[FONT=&quot]* Older Glock® magazines that feature only one magazine latch slot may still be used with the PC Carbine™, but the magazine release button must remain on the left side of the rifle as shipped from the factory. The magazine release button should not be reversed when using this type of magazine as the magazine will not properly lock into the magazine well. Early versions of Glock®-brand magazines with a “U” shaped notch at the rear of the magazine feed lips will not function in the PC Carbine™.

[/FONT]

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I've only got the pmag 17 gl9 mags now and they have the notches on both sides for ambi use. The gen 3 glock mags only work if the mag release is on the left side. I would look for gen4 or 5 mags if you want glock mags and to shoot left handed otherwise gen 3 mags do work.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have two Korean 32 Rd mags work great, then I bought a 17rd Pmag for it. It works great as well. I took a chance and it paid off.

Korean have 2 notchs Pmag has 2 also.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have found the clear ETS Glock mags to work good in my AR9. I know people use them in the Ruger carbines as well. They are about $20. The PMags are cheap and work as well.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    gen 3 and down will work as long as you keep the mag release on the left side of the gun, if you move the mag release to the right side, you have to use gen 4 or up because of the notch that holds the mag in place, gen 3 and down are on the left side of the mag, gen 4 and up has the notch on both sides, now I have 1 glock 33 round mag, and 1 ets magazine and I haven't had an issue with either, my sgm mag broke the 1st time I tried to load it!, the feed lips bent, and I couldn't get them straight, so I've kept it just in case I need the spring or follower for another magazine, and my factory glock mags (with plus 3 extensions) work fine

that's all from my freedom ordnance fx9, I own a ruger pc9 but haven't shot it yet

if you look around you can find the ets mags for less than 15 bucks online (gun mag warehouse, palmetto state armory and such) palmetto state has clear, smoke, and blue colored, and gun mag warehouse has a red one!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom