Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBeerman View Post
    Apples and oranges.

A Mini 30 has a better/heavier barrel on it, it is FAR superior than a MINI 14

You missed the part of where I said it was less accurate than a 9mm carbine @ 100 yards. In no uncertain terms should a long gun designed to fire a rifle round be less
    accurate than a carbine firing a pistol round. I have put 25 of 30 rounds on a 12 inch steel plate @ 100 yards with my 9mm carbine. Something that my fathers inherited
    Mini 14 was incapable of. If it's not pinging a 12 inch steel plate consistently @ 100 yds, how can you expect a Mini 14 to accurately hit a 20 inch wide chest @ 200 yards

I'm not into the spray and pray philosophy, I have neither the manpower or amount of rounds to play that game. Therefor I expect a reasonable amount of accuracy, something
    I feel the Mini 14 does not do.

Also to add I'd take Mosin over a Mini 14 any given day. Hell I'd take a M-1 .30 cal carbine with a shot out barrel over it.

The mini 14 does have a heavier barrel profile now, if I'm not mistaken. Not arguing for or against really. More power to your PC. I just got one in .40 (mostly because I can't do anything the normal way - hence why I bought a mini 30 and not an AK) and it's a really fun shooter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1nderbeard View Post
    The mini 14 does have a heavier barrel profile now, if I'm
    not mistaken. Not arguing for or against really. More power to your PC. I just got one in .40 (mostly because I can't do anything the normal way - hence why I bought a mini 30 and not an AK) and it's a really fun shooter.
    The beautiful thing about my Just Right Carbine is that I can buy kits to change to .40 or .45. and I think .357Sig also. I'm really considering getting the .40 kit and getting a can for it.
    Butthurt (*)......It happens a lot here on INGO, get over it if it happens to you.

Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.

Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

User Info Menu

The beautiful thing about my Just Right Carbine is that I can buy kits to change to .40 or .45. and I think .357Sig also. I'm really considering getting the .40 kit and getting a can for it.
    Trashing minis while pushing jrc? Neither has a good reputation. I've seen more first hand issues with jrcs than just about any other factory built gun. Minis are close to it though.

Plinker

User Info Menu

If you're going to shoot a lot of 40/45, consider the Silencerco Hybrid. Works very well on .40, and can also be used on lever guns. Doesn't completely eliminate the report because of the supersonic nature of the 30/30 I have it on, but makes shooting and hunting much more enjoyable to any neighbors close buy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    Trashing minis while pushing jrc? Neither has a good reputation. I've seen more first hand issues with jrcs than just about any other factory built gun. Minis are close to it though.
    Just the Mini 14, no experience with the 30. At least I have FIRST hand experience with both of them, not spouting off things that have been handed down like well worn too small winter jackets.
    Had problems, tried to remedy them to no avail. Luckily it was a inherited rifle and I had no initial purchase $$$'a in it.

Never had a problem with my JRC, heard a few have had problems, If I remember right, Rhino had one and had to have his chamber rebored. Mine has been great, the only problem I had was not with the JRC, but a
    aftermarket Glock 33 round mag that was causing feed problems. That lone mag is now landfill fodder after I cut it in two.
    Butthurt (*)......It happens a lot here on INGO, get over it if it happens to you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1nderbeard View Post
    If you're going to shoot a lot of 40/45, consider the Silencerco Hybrid. Works very well on .40, and can also be used on lever guns. Doesn't completely eliminate the report because of the supersonic nature of the 30/30 I have it on, but makes shooting and hunting much more enjoyable to any neighbors close buy.
    On the suggestion!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5