• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Recently picked one up in .243 for purposes of Bambi ventilation out to about 250 yards. I'm curious as to what your experience with it may be. I just got done throwing a vortex crossfire II in 6x24x50 onto it. Had it zeroed for 200 with a cheapie, but parallax was horrible. I'm thinking it'll work just fine, but already lustiing after a 700 in the same caliber. Hmmm... I do like the trigger, and.the compact lop, just not sure.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    No experience with the AT 100, but I did recently (last year) pick up a Mossberg Patriot in .30-06 with the intention of using it for deer. That was my reasoning when I bought it, at least that's what I told myself.
    I really bought it because I found a really good deal on it and couldn't pass it up.
    I haven't had it out on a hunt, yet, but that will come.
    I also have a handful of older Mossberg .22's, and every one of them are serious shooters.

Mossberg makes some fine rifles for the price point.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    This is my second modern Mossberg. I picked up an MVP in 5.56 about a year ago. It's a lazer with a beautiful laminated stock and a sweet trigger. I loved it from the get go. But this one is taking a little longer to grow on me.

Pop had one of the old mossy target rifles in .22 . It was and is a superb target shooter. Deadeye Christa was given a chance to shoot it a few years ago. I pointed to some of the spring wildflowers out in Pop's beanfield and told her to cut a few down. "Picking flowers".
    After missing her first two shots she instinctively flopped down on her belly in the grass and started slaying them. That's when I knew we had a shooter.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    One of the biggest reasons I bought the Patriot was because it has a wood stock and not the nylon/plastic/zytel stock.
    There is nothing I hate worse than a stock that sounds hollow, and those, in my opinion, are way too light.
    The wood on my Patriot is gorgeous, with a grip pattern I don't recognize, but works well.
    It's not checkering, and I'
    m not sure how to explain it, but I love it.

The weight of my Patriot does a lot to mitigate the perceived recoil.

Top Bottom