Join INGunOwners For Free
    Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Mossberg AT 100 Trophy Hunter

Recently picked one up in .243 for purposes of Bambi ventilation out to about 250 yards. I'm curious as to what your experience with it may be. I just got done throwing a vortex crossfire II in 6x24x50 onto it. Had it zeroed for 200 with a cheapie, but parallax was horrible. I'm thinking it'll work just fine, but already lustiing after a 700 in the same caliber. Hmmm... I do like the trigger, and.the compact lop, just not sure.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

User Info Menu

Nuttin'? The combined wisdom of 30k ingotarians is nuttin'? Youse gotta be kiddin' me.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

No experience with the AT 100, but I did recently (last year) pick up a Mossberg Patriot in .30-06 with the intention of using it for deer. That was my reasoning when I bought it, at least that's what I told myself.
    I really bought it because I found a really good deal on it and couldn't pass it up.
    I haven't had it out on a hunt, yet, but that will come.
    I also have a handful of older Mossberg .22's, and every one of them are serious shooters.

Mossberg makes some fine rifles for the price point.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

This is my second modern Mossberg. I picked up an MVP in 5.56 about a year ago. It's a lazer with a beautiful laminated stock and a sweet trigger. I loved it from the get go. But this one is taking a little longer to grow on me.

Pop had one of the old mossy target rifles in .22 . It was and is a superb target shooter. Deadeye Christa was given a chance to shoot it a few years ago. I pointed to some of the spring wildflowers out in Pop's beanfield and told her to cut a few down. "Picking flowers".
    After missing her first two shots she instinctively flopped down on her belly in the grass and started slaying them. That's when I knew we had a shooter.
    Last edited by DeadeyeChrista'sdad; 2 Weeks Ago at 20:28.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

One of the biggest reasons I bought the Patriot was because it has a wood stock and not the nylon/plastic/zytel stock.
    There is nothing I hate worse than a stock that sounds hollow, and those, in my opinion, are way too light.
    The wood on my Patriot is gorgeous, with a grip pattern I don't recognize, but works well.
    It's not checkering, and I'
    m not sure how to explain it, but I love it.

The weight of my Patriot does a lot to mitigate the perceived recoil.

Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life