• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Anyone have any REAL LIFE experience? Not what you saw on YouTube. Not Mary Jane Rottencrotch down the street who has a blog but real INGO users. I saw an advertisement from Palmetto tonight. Looks intriguing to say the least. So, anybody??

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have an AR15 chambered for .410 bore, but it is not a Charles Daly.

Mine was manufactured in Turkey, by a company called Safir Arms, imported by A.T.I. (American Tactical Imports), and is/was, a complete P.O.S.
    It is, by FAR, the biggest single regret I have in my lifetime of purchasing firearms.

O.k., here goes again,

It been several years back that I ran across an auction on GunBroker for an AR15 upper chambered in .410 bore.
    I thought it sounded like a fun idea so I ought one.
    It came with one or two mags, I can't remember now, but the upper (with mags) was right at $400.

When I received the upper I pinned it to a lower and got exactly one shot before it jammed.
    Looking at it, I thought it had short-stroked and failed to eject the empty.
    I then realized that was not the empty crushed into the ejection port, it was a live round.

Many attempts to make it run failed miserably.
    I attempted to contact the manufacturer in Turkey and got the runaround.
    After much searching I found contact information for Safir Arms USA. Seems they had just opened a U.S. office.

They were not much help.
    I explained the problem and they sent me a "new bolt" free of charge.
    No good, the "new bolt" looked like a 6 year old took a die grinder to it!
    I complained again to the company and they told me to ship it to them in New Jersey I think it was.
    I mailed it off, at my expense, and heard nothing for 4 months.
    When I contacted the U.S. office again, they told me they didn't have my upper. They said "...they must have lost it." W.T.F?

I threatened to contact the BBB, and after no co-operation from Safir Arms, I sent a complaint to the BBB.
    Two weeks after filing an official complaint, and with no contact from BBB, my upper magically appeared on my door-step.
    Unfortunately it was in the same shape that it left, still unable to fire more than a single shot without stove-piping the next round.

Disgusted, I put the upper in the safe and chalked it up to a learning experience.
    Several months later, when talking to Dan at Applied Ballistics in Lafayette, he told me to bring it in and he would see what he could do.
    I figured after all I'd been through with this thing, it couldn't hurt.

I let him look at it for about 3 minutes and he said, "I think I can fix it."
    He spent all of 10 minutes with a jeweler's file, taking a little at a time off of the under side of the extractor hook until the shell would finally clear.

After months of headaches, and the manufacturer LOSING my upper, a local fixed it in less than 15 minutes with nothing more than a metal file.

It now seems to run like one would expect a firearm to run, but in the back of my mind I think I'll always suspect this thing to fail at any time.

Yes, I have real world experience with a .410bore AR15, but no, not the Charles Daly.
    Moral of my story? If you see the name Safir Arms, or American Tactical Imports, RUN THE OTHER WAY!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Thanks! I have no idea whom the actually manufacturer is for the Charles Daly. I better do some background thru Palmetto if they will stand behind this product. Like your problem, I've researched numerous complaints by consumers of other brands having hiccups but nothing about the C.D. . I've read good reports about the Daly brand in general but was hesitant about this new offering. My buddy has a different 410 upper for his lower and it runs well. Very well actually. His also came with 3 screw in chokes. I was told the market was tepid due to other similar offerings having problems so his was discontinued much to his dismay.
    I will venture forth with caution...

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Thanks! I have no idea whom the actually manufacturer is for the Charles Daly. I better do some background thru Palmetto if they will stand behind this product. Like your problem, I've researched numerous complaints by consumers of other brands having hiccups but nothing about the C.D. . I've read good reports about the Daly brand in general but was hesitant about this new offering. My buddy has a different 410 upper for his lower and it runs well. Very well actually. His also came with 3 screw in chokes. I was told the market was tepid due to other similar offerings having problems so his was discontinued much to his dismay.
    I will venture forth with caution...

It appears that the Charles Daly trademark operates under Chiappa now.
    From what I read these are made in Turkey.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Coopadup, Thank you! I know Turkey has stepped up their game lately as witnessed by the Canik et al I bought. I hope the rest of them did as well.

Top Bottom