Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: AR question.

Plinker

User Info Menu

AR question.

Iím thinking of either building a ar or buying one. Building kinda thinking of palmetto state. But donít know much about them. Or I thought about buying a rock river entry tactical. Kinda just seeing what people think or their opinions are.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout4892 View Post
    Iím thinking of either building a ar or buying one. Building kinda thinking of palmetto state. But donít know much about them. Or I thought about buying a rock river entry tactical. Kinda just seeing what people think or their opinions are.
    If you build, you'll need some guidance. No, it's not hard for someone with basic mechanical skills, but still some things AR aren't logical.
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

User Info Menu

When you piece together PSA (or anyone's) parts you assume all culpability when the rifle doesn't run correctly. For a few hundred dollars more you "gain" a warranty that allows you peace of mind that someone else will deal with the issue should one arise.
    Follow me on Instagram @gunrunner219

User Info Menu

PSA is great stuff. They have the market on lock right now. Its the way I would go if I was wanting something new.

They arnt hard to put together if your mechanical. Plenty of vids out there if you get stuck. Buy with confidence.
    I wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

You should gt and will need a few specific tools. But once you have the tools it is on.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

A word of caution...if you decide to build, be careful because these things tend to multiply. I went from one to eight in a matter of (seemingly) days.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indyjohn View Post
    If you build, you'll need some guidance. No, it's not hard for someone with basic mechanical skills, but still some things AR aren't logical.
    Full disclosure:
    I spent time in the military using the M16, so I started with a working knowledge of the platform.
    I did NOT spend time in any conflict, so my experience with the M16/AR15 platform was limited to range time and qualifications.

Now, my opinion on build or buy.
    It's been pointed out above that if you build you own it, meaning no-one will warranty that firearm.
    All this being said, my vote is to build.
    I did, and I don't regret it one bit.

For my first build I had zero help aside from a tutorial posted on AR15.com.
    My first lower took me about 45 minutes to complete. I can put one together now in about 15 minutes.
    My first upper took about the same, but I still take my time on them.
    My first build ran like a factory built rifle from the start, and still does.

Now I will admit, I'm mechanically inclined.
    I've been disassembling and reassembling all sorts of things for as long as I can remember, but AR15's are NOT difficult to build.
    They remind me a lot of the old "Erector-Set" toys of my youth.
    They are nothing more than parts, pieces, springs, and pins.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edwea View Post
    A word of caution...if you decide to build, be careful because these things tend to multiply...
    ^This is the issue most often encountered by builders of the AR15.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    ^This is the issue most often encountered by builders of the AR15.
    I have all the tools. And a few short cut ones I made. I am flush with these rifles but I am looking for parts as I type. It is a sickness.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edwea View Post
    A word of caution...if you decide to build, be careful because these things tend to multiply. I went from one to eight in a matter of (seemingly) days.
    I keep hearing you guys and gals saying this like its a bad thing..there are much worse addictions in my book.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast