• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'll keep my plain jane pc9. Wish an aftermarket maker would come up with other mag well adapters especially for the S&W 5900 series mags.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    At 7.3 lbs. for a 9 mm they can keep it. I have the original model it is only 6.8 and handles like a brick.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    At 7.3 lbs. for a 9 mm they can keep it. I have the original model it is only 6.8 and handles like a brick.

They are a heavy beast. Makes my Marlin Camp 9 feel like a BB gun. But really helps to hold steady on that long range 9mm shot! :dunno: I made the mistake of putting on a 27 oz scope for testing purposes. It did shoot pretty good though. 10 rounds 115 grain Remington HP into 1.25 " at 50 yds. The only round I tested so far, but it might have potential.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I purchased it for Steel Challenge and USPSA it is to heavy and clunky. Now I need to build an AR to replace it or stick with my Glock decisions decisions!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The other side is that the weight helps to mitigate the blow back 9mm recoil. Lightweight 9mm AR's have just enough blowback/bolt/spring recoil to move your dot uncomfortably off plane.

If you are gonna run your AR with the big dogs in PCC there is fine tuning :spend: in springs, reloads and further equipment bolt on's to be played with. That is after making the darned AR's actually run reliably enough to make it through a match, when hot and dirty.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I have shot both that big chunk of tungsten in the Ruger gives the same recoil pulse as a light weight AR style. No softer or harsher. So far that AR has shot 4 months worth of steel and Uspsa matches and hasn't missed a beat. To beat all he uses Tula for ammo. As far as longevity we will see. Ruger is having ejector problems.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Ruger is having ejector problems.
    Funny you mention that. I shot the 40 cal version this afternoon supressed and had just about 1 failure to eject in each mag. I'd not experienced that before with this rifle. I was thinking it was a little overgassed with the can on the end. I'd heard the ejector spring is a common repair need.

penton175jp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Indianapolis
    BW, I built mine up from a ZRTS lower and Taccom upper, bolt and recoil system. It has NEVER had one failure or hiccup of any kind. Of course, it isn't my first 9mm build and I had tech help from Longbeard.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    What I am reading the ejector is removable from the mag well inserts and are generic. The different mag wells all use the same part. Some one will come out with one superior to Rugers shortly.

ARs are easy to put together the problem is most people don't know to trouble shoot problems in there builds.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    What I am reading the ejector is removable from the mag well inserts and are generic. The different mag wells all use the same part. Some one will come out with one superior to Rugers shortly.

ARs are easy to put together the problem is most people don't know to trouble shoot problems in there builds.

I haven't had any issues with my pc carbine and am probably pushing around 750 of my own reloads and another 50 factory hp's through her. I would like to see a mag well insert for my S&W 5900 series mags, or my CZ mags.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I have well over 1000 through mine the only problem I had was an intermittent dead trigger. I put the factory trigger springs back in and through the Mcarbo springs in the trash.Problem solved.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have well over 1000 through mine the only problem I had was an intermittent dead trigger. I put the factory trigger springs back in and through the Mcarbo springs in the trash.Problem solved.

I plan on using the Tandemkross trigger but seen Volquartsen has a drop in trigger group but would have to look more into it for 250ish bucks.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I have the TK trigger and like it as far as the VQ I think it is to expensive. As of now I have $250.00 invested in the gun over the purchase price. I could have built an AR that would be lighter and more maneuverable for what I have invested. So this money pit will most likely go down the road and now on to the next money pit.:spend:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have the TK trigger and like it as far as the VQ I think it is to expensive. As of now I have $250.00 invested in the gun over the purchase price. I could have built an AR that would be lighter and more maneuverable for what I have invested. So this money pit will most likely go down the road and now on to the next money pit.:spend:

I would like a wood stock but that's just me. Not a big fan of how the spacers look installed but I live with it. The weight doesn't bother me as I own several 3rd gen S&W handguns and most push 30oz empty. Maybe in 30 years if the carbine is still running I may think different but for around 425 out the door it always goes to the range. With a TRS25 at 25yds and enough rounds a fist sized hole appears in the plywood.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    A wood stock would dress it up the spacers are in the box I took them out short arms. I was using mine for Steel Challenge and USPSA there you want light weight for transitions. I paid $510.00 for mine witch I think was to much but such is life. To be honest I don't think I will be around in 30 years I had to much fun when I was younger and at 98 I don't think the ambition level is going to be to high. On the other hand stranger things have happened.

Top Bottom