• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wrenched it. Now my static bore sighting should get me on paper.

You mean originally the flash hider wasn’t timed correctly? In other words you simply needed to tighten it a bit to center the holes on top and the solid part on the bottom at 6 o’clock?

You’re correct in not needing a new crush washer or anything (just snug it up a bit) but how does this affect static boresighting?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You mean originally the flash hider wasn’t timed correctly? In other words you simply needed to tighten it a bit to center the holes on top and the solid part on the bottom at 6 o’clock?

You’re correct in not needing a new crush washer or anything (just snug it up a bit) but how does this affect static boresighting?

Correct

It would have wanted to push the barrel down and left. I think I would be more on target if it wasn't pushing left.
    It wasn't a big deal. I was glad I could still move it a little.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I always use the neighbors porch light to get me on target from the garage. He's cool with it. He doesn't shoot back anymore.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Correct

It would have wanted to push the barrel down and left. I think I would be more on target if it wasn't pushing left.
    It wasn't a big deal. I was glad I could still move it a little.

Now I’m really confused. Are you saying a mis-timed flash hider will cause the point of impact to shift as opposed to a correctly installed flash hider? I would think the bullet is already out of the barrel by the time the flash hider comes into play but I would certainly like to be educated on the matter. AR gurus?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I would be more on target for follow up shots. The way it was timed, I mistakenly thought it would push the barrel down and to the left. Actually it wouldn't push it down enough to compensate for the muzzle rise, and also the gases exiting to the right would push the barrel to the left. So I would have to reaim right and down if the barrel wants to rise and go left. It's an A2 birdcage that's closed on the bottom and holes on the top.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    A4vVXqb.jpg

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It's for an ar pistol that's not going to be accurate anyway or have any penetration. But why make it worse. It's just an otherwise useless fun toy.

Top Bottom