• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    0EF42D5E-A0CC-49F9-98CA-9DA8DD0C9507.jpg Was looking up production years today and made a serial number error and one description said 223 cal and the other said 556. I know you can use 223 ammo in a 556 weapon but not 556 in a 223 due to pressure differences. My question is this, why would they do that on basically identical weapons except for stocks, sites and barrels. Is the stainless on the 223 less strong? I know the 5808 model is stamped 223 cal, not sure how it’s stamped on the 5805 but I would assume 556.

Attachments

• C0859F57-E18F-4542-94A6-B69405C52C33.jpg
      C0859F57-E18F-4542-94A6-B69405C52C33.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 23
    Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I could never figure out why folks would want a mini 14 for a ranch rifle while the mini 30 was readily available, but that's just me.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Red, you must be a 30 cal guy like me. I don't think I could put a number to the times I fired a M 16, but I never felt compelled to shoot toothpicks at someone who was a threat...

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Thanks fella’s, I won the bet. The bet was I could post a question and within 12 hours my character would fall into question on my choice of weapon, caliber and my decision to ask ingo instead of ruger. If you think about it I was at ruger when I found this “but haven’t heard back from them yet” conundrum but I saw an opportunity to screw with my buddy for always siding with ingo and walk away with a few extra gedos in my pocket.
    Hugger you might have gotten away with questioning my intelligence in your first line but you had to confirm your true intent with your last. As for mongo and big red you guys need to get a room or your own thread so you can give each other a 30 cal toothpickish reach around.
    “Not trying to be that guy but that’s just me”. I know you know this was all in fun don’t you? And to think it only took a measly hour.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks fella’s, I won the bet. The bet was I could post a question and within 12 hours my character would fall into question on my choice of weapon, caliber and my decision to ask ingo instead of ruger. If you think about it I was at ruger when I found this “but haven’t heard back from them yet” conundrum but I saw an opportunity to screw with my buddy for always siding with ingo and walk away with a few extra gedos in my pocket.
    Hugger you might have gotten away with questioning my intelligence in your first line but you had to confirm your true intent with your last. As for mongo and big red you guys need to get a room or your own thread so you can give each other a 30 cal toothpickish reach around.
    “Not trying to be that guy but that’s just me”. I know you know this was all in fun don’t you? And to think it only took a measly hour.

OK. So you seriously put down the other posters in this thread and you think they are out of line. You need to :chillpill:

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    And now for the collection of the rest of the mullah. What did I say that wasn’t spot on? I guess you missed my next to last sentence. We can see who’s panties bunch though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And now for the collection of the rest of the mullah. What did I say that wasn’t spot on? I guess you missed my next to last sentence. We can see who’s panties bunch though.

Keep it up. Content and its intent are what we are pointing out here and yes you are out of line.

Just stop. Please.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have a Mini 14. I like it in the caliber it’s in. I don’t intend to throw toothpicks at folks with it. I just like it because it makes me feel like Hannibal Smith.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have a Mini 14. I like it in the caliber it’s in. I don’t intend to throw toothpicks at folks with it. I just like it because it makes me feel like Hannibal Smith.

You just went up a few notches in my coolness meter.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Hahahahaha.

the difference I think (or I hope) is that I’d have a higher hit ratio than Hannibal had. Those guys never hit a darn thing!

Top Bottom