• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    I’m not sure if this post belongs in this section or the general firearms discussion section, so let me know if I need to move it. Anyways, I’m looking at starting a new 13.7 build as a “general purpose” rifle and I’d like to build on an ambidextrous lower. I’ve had my eye on ADM UIC’s and, while the company seems legitimate, I haven’t heard a whole lot about how well their ambidextrous controls feel and work. Has anyone had any experience with these lowers? Or would you recommend something else?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I’m not sure if this post belongs in this section or the general firearms discussion section, so let me know if I need to move it. Anyways, I’m looking at starting a new 13.7 build as a “general purpose” rifle and I’d like to build on an ambidextrous lower. I’ve had my eye on ADM UIC’s and, while the company seems legitimate, I haven’t heard a whole lot about how well their ambidextrous controls feel and work. Has anyone had any experience with these lowers? Or would you recommend something else?

They are very nice lowers, and I'm sure you'd be happy with one. I preferred PWS lowers (there are others like them) for the location of their left side mag release and right side bolt release over the ADM however, that is personal preference maybe and the ADM lowers are super nice. However I shoot long guns lefty and so those ambi controls were a big factor in my decision. If you are going to go with one of their uppers I'd def pick up one of their lowers to match or just buy a complete rifle depending on what's cheaper. Black Friday is coming up so who knows what deals are to be had.

trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    I can see how the PWS mag release location would be more convenient for lefties. I shoot right-handed and the biggest selling point of an ambidextrous lower for me was the right side bolt catch/release. Can you lock back the bolt with the right-side button on the PWS or does it only function as a release?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I’m guessing pinned and welded suppressor mount. 13.7 and most any suppressor mount that is p&w’d makes minimum of 16. It’s the shortest bbl length possible to make an even 16 with permanent muzzle device.

Thanks. That's kinda what I figured but I had never heard of it explained that way before.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yep. You'll have to pin and weld the muzzle device to stay legal as a rifle.

I'm gonna state the obvious, but make sure you pin and weld the proper muzzle device so your suppressor will mount. :-D

trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    I’m guessing pinned and welded suppressor mount. 13.7 and most any suppressor mount that is p&w’d makes minimum of 16. It’s the shortest bbl length possible to make an even 16 with permanent muzzle device.

Correct! I’m actually going to build it out as a pistol for now with an SBA4 brace until I get my suppressor and tune the AR for suppressed fire. After that I plan on pinning and welding (unless I like the SBA4 enough to just keep it a pistol).

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Pistol vs. SBR: There are some places where it's legal to transport/have/shoot the pistol where it isn't for the SBR. Plus there's no official ATF transport paperwork needed to travel with the pistol. Something else to keep in mind as you make these decisions.

trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    Precisely. SB Tactical really changed the game with the SBA3 and SBA4 braces and I see very little reason to SBR anything. Braces keep getting stronger and now that we’re past the “can you shoulder a brace” deal I think pistols just make more sense. So anyways, my plan was to run a Dead Air 3-prong flashider, however, it will still be .1” short of 16” on a 13.7 barrel. That is the primary reason companies like Triarc started making a 13.9 instead. I could still use a spacer on a 13.7 to make it 16” if I found a barrel that I liked. But as I said, I’m going to build it as a pistol for now until I have it tuned with a suppressor and then decide from there whether I’ll pin and weld.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Copper Custom in Valpo generally has complete ADM's in stock. They seemed quality but like you I couldnt dig up much on them.

I was on my way to the cash register with one there until I flipped the price tag over:n00b:.

NOSLACK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2015
    Indianapolis/FT Camp
    I’ve got a buddy that swears by the ADM lowers. I have a PWS Mod 2 rifle and find the ambi bolt release to be super stiff. So much so I don’t even use it. However, I just built a KAC SR15 and their ambi lower is buttery smooth. I’ve started to train using the ambi bolt release because of how smooth it is.

Top Bottom