Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: M14 Value?

Plinker

User Info Menu

M14 Value?

I was at the Indy 1500 on Saturday and did something that I never do. I impulse bought a gun I donít know much about. I was going to buy a nice National Postal Meter M1Carbine. Ran to the atm to get a couple hundred more dollars and when I got back someone else was looking at it and ended up buying it. Ugh...

My impulse buy was not cheap and now I am wondering if I paid too much or did I do OK. It is an M14. What are these worth? The gun is in great shape and I do like it, so that is good. Hopefully I did not pay too much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Any USGI parts in it or is it all Springfield INC parts?
    When I have questions on mine I head over to www.m14forum.com Wealth of knowledge over there

Edit I looked at the pics and I see its a fed ord receiver, possibly all USGI parts. Check out the m14 forum
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rburney View Post
    I was at the Indy 1500 on Saturday and did something that I never USED TO do until yesterday. I impulse bought a gun I donít know much about. I was going to buy a nice National Postal Meter M1Carbine. Ran to the atm to get a couple hundred more dollars and when I got back someone else was looking at it and ended up buying it. Ugh...

My impulse buy was not cheap and now I am wondering if I paid too much or did I do OK. It is an M14. What are these worth? The gun is in great shape and I do like it, so that is good. Hopefully I did not pay too much.
    FIFY
    INGOer #25,448

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by red_zr24x4 View Post
    Any USGI parts in it or is it all Springfield INC parts?
    When I have questions on mine I head over to www.m14forum.com Wealth of knowledge over there

Edit I looked at the pics and I see its a fed ord receiver, possibly all USGI parts. Check out the m14 forum
    It is all USGI parts from what I can tell. Seller said all USGI parts along with 4 mags. One of those is a Springfield mag. One mag has no markings, one has OM stamped on it. The fourth one has a KMT co. Stamp. CMP cartouche on the gun stock.

User Info Menu

Never worry about price paid afterwards. Congratulations on your purchase.

From the m14 forum that red sent you to, it looks like this was an earlier one that likely contained mostly USGI parts.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    FIFY
    Lol. I am sure it wonít be the last.

User Info Menu

Federal Ordinance makes solid stuff from the ones I have bought / fondled. I have 2 and both are earlier than yours. I bought one from MGE on a Friday at the 1500 years ago and a guy was forlornly trying to sell one that was like new at the Tipton show. I have put thousands of rounds of ball ammo mostly. I did shoot some Gold Medal match to see best of group and they did very well. I do fire lap all my barrels so I am sure that helps. Clean with JB. Swab and repeat. It helps that the Navy still uses them and I was well indoctrinated since I was a gunner's mate and ex- small arms repairman.
    Enjoy!!
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Never worry about price paid afterwards. Congratulations on your purchase.

From the m14 forum that red sent you to, it looks like this was an earlier one that likely contained mostly USGI parts.
    thank you. I am checking out the forum now.

User Info Menu

Fed Ord used all or mostly all USGI parts. They are good guns. They don't turn up for sale often, so they are hard to price. If you got it for $1k or less I would say you did well. If you paid like $1,200, I would say it was fair since a brand new Springfield M1a can be had for that price if you look around.

Just my
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rburney View Post
    Lol. I am sure it wonít be the last.
    When that money is burning a hole in your pocket, as all money from an ATM at a gun show does...

INGOer #25,448

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast