• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been infatuated with the Mk12 Mod 0 rifle since I first laid eyes on one many years ago. I've put together two of them, one is complete and the other is awaiting a scope I've got on order. I had an AR pistol I had put together with a 10" Krieger barrel which was made from a cut off section from a blank I had on a bolt gun. I thought it would be more fun than it was so I decided to change directions. After some thought and a bit of research to determine if this might work I went ahead and started gathering the components to convert the pistol to something a bit more functional and I couldn't be more happy with the result.

The Mk12 Mod 0 and Mod 1 run an 18" barrel and the Mod H runs a 16", I decided to put one together with a 14.5" barrel. I bought a used PRI Gen 3 hand guard and the other parts and took everything in to Zach at ZR Tactical this morning. We cut approx 3" off of the handguard and turned the end cap off on the lathe so it could be put back on the shorter hand guard. We shortened the top rail to work with the shorter hand guard and the Mod H rail by cutting several inches off of the back and moving it rearward. We had to drill a few new holes to get the shortened rail and relocated bottom rail positioned where I wanted them. Zack also turned down the muzzle end of the barrel for the AE collar and drilled, pinned and welded the brake on to bring it out to a legal 16 1/8". I found a vendor online who still had a black Rock River Arms Entry stock on hand and when used with the Law Tactical Folding stock adapter the length is perfect for me, right where I run my collapsible stocks.

It turned out exactly like I'd hoped and is near perfect for what I wanted (truck & bumping around the farm gun). Zach is fearless and was all about the project from the moment I walked in the door. We knocked it all out in a few hours and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

DmHaWW0h.jpg

QKgRhj5h.jpg

ox0InZnh.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    That is a nice piece of work, Phylo. Didn't think I needed another AR but I have a 24" RRA varmint rifle with a free float tube that may get a treatment sorta like this. I like it very much.

How much shorter than a std A2 stock is that entry?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Not sure how long an A2 is but the entry is 7.25" long. With the Law folder it comes out to 8.75" from the receiver.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    That’s a fine rendition of a Mk 12. High Caliber Sales is assembling my mod 0 6.5 Grendel. I had to join the club... .

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Curious how you got the AEM brake pinned. If I recall correctly the pin would have to go through the threads for the silencer. Did you just drill out some of the threads?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Okay. I'm going to ask the stupid question. Please be gentle with me.
    Apparently I don't know as much as I thought I did.

Where is the buffer tube?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Must be micro sized.
    I guess I'm not that familiar with any other than the rifle.

Those folders are unique. 2 of mine are set up with the Laws offering. The buffer the stays in the stock and the BCG is held in place by a neat plug. The gun runs in the normal way when the stock is locked into place.

Top Bottom