• ...and so much more!
  • Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I have been working on a M1917 project. Cleaned the orphaned stock I acquired and used BLO on it. The stock turned out fantastic. I purchased this gun in a sporter stock some time ago. November of 1918 production according to the serial number. Barrel dated Nov 1918 as well. Everything on this gun is Eddystone including the stock. Still need to put on the front sight and stacking swivel on the gun. The plan was to sell it but plans have changed.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Very nice! I have restored some Enfields and Springfields. I would like to do a 1917 but just haven't found the right deal on parts.

Where did you find the stock?

Last edited:

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    Thank you. Found it on eBay. It took quite some time to find the right one. I think I had been looking for better than a year. My other 1917 I did the same thing but found the stock on this site.

my next project is an enfield t-sniper. Almost done with one. Will post photos of that when it is done.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Thank you. Found it on eBay. It took quite some time to find the right one. I think I had been looking for better than a year. My other 1917 I did the same thing but found the stock on this site.

my next project is an enfield t-sniper. Almost done with one. Will post photos of that when it is done.

Looking forward to it! :ingo:

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    That 1917 looks great! I am envious:drool:

I'm working on a collection of military issued rifles from WWI through WWII. I finished up my Swedish Mauser collection and started on Enfields. Just picked up a super nice Savage No4 Mk1 and on the hunt for a ww1 vintage No1 MkIII or P14. Next I'll start looking for a 1917 and an 1903. Great job on the 1917!

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    That 1917 looks great! I am envious:drool:

I'm working on a collection of military issued rifles from WWI through WWII. I finished up my Swedish Mauser collection and started on Enfields. Just picked up a super nice Savage No4 Mk1 and on the hunt for a ww1 vintage No1 MkIII or P14. Next I'll start looking for a 1917 and an 1903. Great job on the 1917!

Thank you. I will keep an eye out for some of those. Will let you know if I run across any of the ones you are looking for. Saw a nice P14 at the Ohio valley military society show last weekend. I am looking for a “S51” marked butt stock to complete my T-Sniper.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here's the 1914... Also an Eddystone (Remington) per the ERA marking.

h5HoAjk.jpg

EPNTopR.jpg

8l33Zr8.jpg

Top Bottom