• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just talked to Monty and he has one in the works. No specifics yet but he said he’s still a few months out from the release. Hope that helps.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just talked to Monty and he has one in the works. No specifics yet but he said he’s still a few months out from the release. Hope that helps.

So what am I to do until then . . . just buy other guns . . . rhino mock? Ok, ok, both then.

So is it AR-10 or is he gonna cut it like DPMS's Recon GII? Like an AR-12.5ish?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    He didn’t offer up any specifications so I can’t be of help other than to say that it’s coming. As far as what to do in the meantime.....start saving for the rifle, optic or other accessories, that’s what I plan to do as I don’t have a large caliber AR in the inventory at the moment.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He didn’t offer up any specifications so I can’t be of help other than to say that it’s coming. As far as what to do in the meantime.....start saving for the rifle, optic or other accessories, that’s what I plan to do as I don’t have a large caliber AR in the inventory at the moment.

I have an LMT and it is . . . just frickin' gorgeous but last weekend I shot a buddy's Smith MP10 and I WANTED to looked down my nose at it but couldn't. Dig the barrel, the flash suppressor and the fact that it ran like a sewing machine, I would want a crisp single stage it in it and maybe an adjustable gas block for a suppressor but don't know. Anywho, I am a sucker for "bang for the buck" and the Smith MP10 goes for 1100 here in Lafayette.

I bought 20 round mags of all kinds of 7.62 and .308--South African, Cavim from South America, British, commercial loads, inter alia. Shot them all without fail.

The Smith likes heavier projectiles it seems. The groups shot to near MOA when I went from the RSA ammo (147 grain) to the commercial 168s.

He had a VCOG on it.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    DI then? Not piston.

You shoot it (as you are real close to Morgantown) or get sent video?

Monty, if you are out there lurking, throw us a bone here.
    Yes DI. Yes close to Morgantown. Yes shot it.
    I am not sure how much more I can say, without screwing myself out of playing with more of Monty's stuff.
    i will say he has some cool stuff in the works.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes DI. Yes close to Morgantown. Yes shot it.
    I am not sure how much more I can say, without screwing myself out of playing with more of Monty's stuff.
    i will say he has some cool stuff in the works.

Thanks much!

If he needs test shooters, I have broken a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk without shooting it, broken a Colt Frontier in half, sheared off hammer hooks off a Les Baer, and broken a Glock.

If it can survive me, it can survive anything. Just saying. Otherwise I'll wait . . . for a while . . . gonna buy a gun or two . . . Ok, two.

Otherwise . . .

giphy.gif

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Thanks much!

If he needs test shooters, I have broken a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk without shooting it, broken a Colt Frontier in half, sheared off hammer hooks off a Les Baer, and broken a Glock.

If it can survive me, it can survive anything. Just saying. Otherwise I'll wait . . . for a while . . . gonna buy a gun or two . . . Ok, two.

Otherwise . . .

giphy.gif
    Oh, I will take care of breaking stuff. Broke the barrel before it was drilled for the gas port!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    He told me he was done with forums. But we can hope.

He drops in over on M4Carbine.net from time to time. I doubt he will make it onto here. He was gracious enough to let me tour his shop last summer. He's got some really cool stuff in the works indeed. His complete 7.62 rifles will be SR-25 based. No need for piston crap:)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Welp . . . some sort of AR-10ish rifle is on the Centurion Arms webpage now. Not sure if complete rifle or just highlighting his lowers.

I'll just keep being patient . . . for now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Could be fun. I’ve not made it down to Monty’s shop yet.

I envision a scene like from Twister. INGO shows up at Freeman's relatives on Liberty Church Road just south of Martinsville and we make them cook steak and eggs for us and then drive to Morgantown and buy guns.

steak-eggs-1.png

This, of course, would be looked at as a completely normal Saturday morning in Morgan County.

Top Bottom