• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I posted about buying this rifle a few years ago and it's been sitting in my safe untouched ever since, I have yet to shoot a round through it. Several weeks ago I was perusing through the classifieds on another forum and scored a like new Sadlak Airborne scope mount at a fantastic price. I wasn't particularly looking for one but I couldn't pass up the deal (which is why I need to stop scanning the classifieds so much). That got the ball rolling to turn this rifle into the only iteration which holds much interest for me which in turn led to me scanning the classifieds for more stuff. A week ago I got a steal on a NF 3.5-15x50 F1 ZS/HS which showed up yesterday. I just remembered this morning that I had a set of HS Precision scope rings in my parts box so I spent some time getting it all put together.

LhMrNpih.jpg

Next on the list is a JAE100 G2 chassis which I won on Gunbroker for a pretty fair deal. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/845513052

Hopefully I'll have it in hand and can get it installed next week. Then I get to see how she shoots, my expectations are pretty high at this point as the rifle is a Glen Nelson built NM. Unfortunately the bedding isn't in great shape as it looks to have been removed from the stock for cleaning a lot more than it has been shot.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    If you do it right you grab the outside strap and pull down and it will go to a "sling arms" length. Then grab both and pull toward the muzzle and it is stowed back where it was.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    She's a beaut, Clark. :):

My jaw literally dropped when the picture loaded. Love it.

That gun is on my collection short list. Just need to come up with about $3k to get what I want. (not happening anytime soon) *kicks rocks*

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Looks great! I’ve wanted one of those since I was a kid. Watching Blackhawk Down did not help either.

But will it put two rounds into a dime?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wish it would but I don't hold out much hope for that. If it'll hold .75 MOA I'd be thrilled

They hold it with top shelf ammo but the problem I had, even with my Warbirds piece, was heat. M14 do like to string when it gets warm, especially with M80s.

My brother is a big fan of the platform and has his own solution--a spray bottle of water.

It is a handsome piece. I'm just over here waiting for Monty. *hands in pockets, whistling, looks around*

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Nice Looking rifle.

I have always wanted an M1A but could never justify the cost to "my" benefit . The weight , cost of ammo, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I want one. I want one bad. I love the style. But I dont see myself every getting one.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nice Looking rifle.

I have always wanted an M1A but could never justify the cost to "my" benefit . The weight , cost of ammo, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I want one. I want one bad. I love the style. But I dont see myself every getting one.

I bought one in bad shape years ago and brought it back to life but it wasn't accurate enough to hold my interest. I stumbled upon this NM at a ridiculous price and couldn't pass it up.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Everything about this thread is conforming to my interests. The classic rifle, interest in "keeping the wood" but needing accuracy to hold interest...
    Subscribed!

Not even kidding, I'll take as "payment" for the harness: an invitation to tag along to a future range trip and have the opportunity to shoot this beast. No commitment on your end as to time frame, honorable at a future time of your convenience.

Top Bottom