Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PCC Trigger

Plinker

User Info Menu

PCC Trigger

So I finally built a pcc after shooting Reed's at SCGC and am looking for options for a good trigger. This is my first pcc or ar9 so I'm fairly uneducated in the subject. I hear a lot of guys saying a regular ar trigger wont last very long in the ar9 platform. Is this true? Anyways, what is your preferred trigger? If it matters, I'm running a new frontier lower with a taccom ulw barrel, bcg, and upper receiver. Also running taccom's 3 stage buffer.

Thanks again Reed for getting me into pcc's lol

User Info Menu

Aim surplus has a drop in trigger that has been rock solid in my comp AR9. I see a ton of guys using hiperfires

User Info Menu

I hear that some ar 15 triggers in ar9s can bump fire very easily, Ive seen it happen once at a steel match at our club, and the other other happened to a friend who drove 3 hours to a match only to have his hyperfire trigger go full auto, freedom ordnance says (in their manual) to keep your factory parts just in case you have bump fire issues, I have a rise armament trigger in my freedom fx9, the package said 3.5 to 4.5 pounds, but my trigger gauge says it breaks about 2.5 pounds, the rise armament triggers are the lowest priced drop in trigger Ive seen, and so far I really like it, and last month at our steel challenge match, I took 10th place (out of 52) and so far has me at a b class shooter in my first scca match

some companies actually make drop in triggers for ar9s
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

My rig is a couple years old. Put together before a lot of the newer intricate sophistication in equipment came along.

Geiselle two-stage was too slow, so I went with the Hyperfire 24C. No issues with bump fires or full auto.

FYI - I can't run with Reed though. Prolly not Ggreen or shootersix ether.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Im on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. I have been considering the rise armament trigger but wasn't sure how well it worked. I really like the hyperfire 24c but I'm worried about spending that amount on a trigger that may or may not work correctly. What causes the hyperfire to run full auto?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    Aim surplus has a drop in trigger that has been rock solid in my comp AR9. I see a ton of guys using hiperfires
    Isn't the aim surplus trigger a rebranded rise armament trigger?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by P-jibber View Post
    Isn't the aim surplus trigger a rebranded rise armament trigger?
    I think it is.

Plinker

User Info Menu

10 bucks cheaper! Heck yeah

User Info Menu

For what it's worth, I had problems with my POF trigger in a Spikes lower with hammer follow. The bolt would clear for a round to chamber before the hammer would reset. Loads that just satified power factor were problematic with hammer follow. Stiffer loads weren't a problem, but the hammer should still reset before the round can chamber. I don't know if this was an issue with just that trigger or not, but when back to a standard trigger setup.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by P-jibber View Post
    ...Thanks again Reed for getting me into pcc's lol
    You're welcome...lol.

My AR9 that you shot had an ALG ACT trigger in it. It has north of 1000 rounds through it with no trigger group damage. I recently dropped a CMC PCC trigger in it and I've put a few hundred rounds through it without a problem. They can be had for $140.

I tried a Hiperfire Elite Hipertouch trigger and it did not work for my combination of parts at all.

It seems to come down to the bolt and trigger group combination as to whether it will work or not. The hammer ramps on the bolts vary from one manufacturer to the next and the hammer shapes all vary as well.

I have had my share of 'hammer follow burst fire' finding combinations that work for me.

CMC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast