• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • P-jibber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    Brownstown
    So I finally built a pcc after shooting Reed's at SCGC and am looking for options for a good trigger. This is my first pcc or ar9 so I'm fairly uneducated in the subject. I hear a lot of guys saying a regular ar trigger wont last very long in the ar9 platform. Is this true? Anyways, what is your preferred trigger? If it matters, I'm running a new frontier lower with a taccom ulw barrel, bcg, and upper receiver. Also running taccom's 3 stage buffer.

Thanks again Reed for getting me into pcc's lol

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I hear that some ar 15 triggers in ar9s can bump fire very easily, I’ve seen it happen once at a steel match at our club, and the other other happened to a friend who drove 3 hours to a match only to have his hyperfire trigger go full auto, freedom ordnance says (in their manual) to keep your factory parts just in case you have bump fire issues, I have a rise armament trigger in my freedom fx9, the package said 3.5 to 4.5 pounds, but my trigger gauge says it breaks about 2.5 pounds, the rise armament triggers are the lowest priced drop in trigger I’ve seen, and so far I really like it, and last month at our steel challenge match, I took 10th place (out of 52) and so far has me at a “b class” shooter in my first scca match

some companies actually make drop in triggers for ar9s

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My rig is a couple years old. Put together before a lot of the newer intricate sophistication in equipment came along.

Geiselle two-stage was too slow, so I went with the Hyperfire 24C. No issues with bump fires or full auto.

FYI - I can't run with Reed though. Prolly not Ggreen or shootersix ether. :dunno:

P-jibber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    Brownstown
    Thanks guys. I have been considering the rise armament trigger but wasn't sure how well it worked. I really like the hyperfire 24c but I'm worried about spending that amount on a trigger that may or may not work correctly. What causes the hyperfire to run full auto?

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    For what it's worth, I had problems with my POF trigger in a Spikes lower with hammer follow. The bolt would clear for a round to chamber before the hammer would reset. Loads that just satified power factor were problematic with hammer follow. Stiffer loads weren't a problem, but the hammer should still reset before the round can chamber. I don't know if this was an issue with just that trigger or not, but when back to a standard trigger setup.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Thanks again Reed for getting me into pcc's lol

You're welcome...lol.

My AR9 that you shot had an ALG ACT trigger in it. It has north of 1000 rounds through it with no trigger group damage. I recently dropped a CMC PCC trigger in it and I've put a few hundred rounds through it without a problem. They can be had for $140.

I tried a Hiperfire Elite Hipertouch trigger and it did not work for my combination of parts at all.

It seems to come down to the bolt and trigger group combination as to whether it will work or not. The hammer ramps on the bolts vary from one manufacturer to the next and the hammer shapes all vary as well.

I have had my share of 'hammer follow burst fire' finding combinations that work for me.

CMC

P-jibber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    Brownstown
    I remember you saying it had the ALG in it. It ran great. How do you like the CMC? While I was on the phone with Tim from Taccom he was explaining the bolt ramp differences to me. I think my wife caught me eyeing the rise trigger and I think it may be a christmas present. If it doesn't work I will just throw it in another ar lol.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I installed the CMC to drop the pull weight. I like it. I got the PCC version figuring (right or wrong) it would work with a wide variety of 9mm bolts.

P-jibber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    Brownstown
    So I did end up getting the rise RA 140 from my wife. Yes its early but she called it a late birthday present lol. I got it installed and it function checks ok. Haven't had time to shoot it yet. If it doesn't snow, I may go try it out this weekend at the steel shoot at SCGC

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I just assembled an FM9 with PSA's EPT trigger. Works good and have one in a 5.56 gun as well.

Elftman looks nice except for the price.

Top Bottom