• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    The early ones had the problems with their polymer compound, it got squishy in the summer heat.

It fits better for the ones with bigger paws. It's big, heavy(15rds of 45). Great trigger.

I like mine.

qgYfZTg.jpg

Dmac22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    COLUMBUS
    I had one for a few months. It functioned well but was quite clunky. Very heavy. It’s a cool piece but for me it didn’t have any real value other than being tacticool. I think its quality like other FN products but it just wasn’t for me. That isn’t saying you won’t like it. If you want a 45 with the highest capacity... I think it still holds that token. I have medium/ large sized hands and I didn’t care for the feel of it either like someone else said. Plastic i remembered being quite flimsy.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Had one, one of the few things I've traded off. I liked a lot of things about it but just couldn't love it.

Accurate, good trigger, easy take down, massive capacity, small grip for the capacity because the grip walls are so thin.

BUT because the walls are so thin, it's flexy. flexy frame isn't a problem in most practical ways. it's more than strong enough in the dimensions that matter except one: with a firing grip, mags wont drop free. relax your grip some and they come right out. I'm not talking Rob Vogel gorilla grip either, just normal joe-shmoe firing grip.

It's big, it's heavy, it's top heavy, it likes hot ammo. The stippling in the grip is not for those without callouses. Most guns you add stuff for traction (grip tape, stippling) this one people talk about sanding it down to be less aggressive.

whitemamba91

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    South Bend
    Ive had one for about 5 years and i love it. Definitely the most accurate pistol i own and recoil is amazing. My hands are on the smaller side but still feels great. Not easy to carry but if you want a night stand gun or range toy cant beat it.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    I just traded for one and the thing practically screams quality at you. The de-cocker is nice and the accuracy is definitely notable for a .45 that isn't a target 1911. Feels good in my bear paws as well. I'm rather smitten with it at the moment. The only thing I've heard negative is about a certain repair I can't quite recall, but you'd have to drill and replace a certain lever on top of the repair, but it's uncommon or won't happen for a few thousand round I believe.

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    I had one for about a month. Never learned to love it. I wear large or extra large gloves and the grip size didn't bother me. But for whatever reason it just never did it for me. As far as threaded barreled 45s went I was happy to stick with my HK 45C. Certainly not an apples to apples comparison. Because of grip size and other elements. But, HK makes a nicer gun than FN for my money.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A few years ago I was looking at the FNH 45 also. After reading the troubles of the early ones I ended up with an HK USP 45 Tactical. Kinda wish I hadn't because it sent me down a USP rabbit hole that I've yet to climb out of.

Top Bottom