Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FN FNX 45

User Info Menu

FN FNX 45

I've been contemplating buying one of these for a long time. What say you INGO? Reliable, accurate? Love it, hate it?

https://fnamerica.com/products/pistols/fnx-45/
    Last edited by DadSmith; 12-19-2019 at 21:11.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

ljk
    Expert

User Info Menu

The early ones had the problems with their polymer compound, it got squishy in the summer heat.

It fits better for the ones with bigger paws. It's big, heavy(15rds of 45). Great trigger.

I like mine.

NoMo new guns, Mo Ammo.

User Info Menu

I love mine. One of the most accurate guns in my safe. Super quiet suppressed. FN makes a good quality handgun.

User Info Menu

I mean I know itís big, but wouldnít this be better posted in the handguns frum?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    I mean I know itís big, but wouldnít this be better posted in the handguns frum?
    I was having a Senior moment. I'm surprised the mods haven't moved it yet.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

M67

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
    I love mine. One of the most accurate guns in my safe. Super quiet suppressed. FN makes a good quality handgun.
    Sums up my satisfaction as well

Plinker

User Info Menu

I had one for a few months. It functioned well but was quite clunky. Very heavy. Itís a cool piece but for me it didnít have any real value other than being tacticool. I think its quality like other FN products but it just wasnít for me. That isnít saying you wonít like it. If you want a 45 with the highest capacity... I think it still holds that token. I have medium/ large sized hands and I didnít care for the feel of it either like someone else said. Plastic i remembered being quite flimsy.

User Info Menu

Had one, one of the few things I've traded off. I liked a lot of things about it but just couldn't love it.

Accurate, good trigger, easy take down, massive capacity, small grip for the capacity because the grip walls are so thin.

BUT because the walls are so thin, it's flexy. flexy frame isn't a problem in most practical ways. it's more than strong enough in the dimensions that matter except one: with a firing grip, mags wont drop free. relax your grip some and they come right out. I'm not talking Rob Vogel gorilla grip either, just normal joe-shmoe firing grip.

It's big, it's heavy, it's top heavy, it likes hot ammo. The stippling in the grip is not for those without callouses. Most guns you add stuff for traction (grip tape, stippling) this one people talk about sanding it down to be less aggressive.

User Info Menu

Ive had one for about 5 years and i love it. Definitely the most accurate pistol i own and recoil is amazing. My hands are on the smaller side but still feels great. Not easy to carry but if you want a night stand gun or range toy cant beat it.

User Info Menu

Dunhams has the black version on sale with a vortex for 999.00.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast