• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I haven’t had a lot of opportunity to do much shooting with this rifle since I got it. Today I took it out to get it properly zeroed and play around at 100 yards. The rifle wears much overkill of a scope with a Vortex 4-16x44 Diamondback Tactical in Warne rings. The rifle wears a Rugged Oculus suppressor that I just got out of jail this week.

I started with some M-22 subsonic to get on paper and it grouped about 4 MOA at 50 yards. Then I switched to CCI SV and it drilled down to one hole groups at 50. I moved out to 100 yards and could cover 10 round groups with a quarter. I was shooting off a sandbag with no rear support other than my hand.

I would love to spend a day with a few other match grade ammo selections and see how good I can do. It is a very satisfying gun to shoot.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I can’t imagine how much better it can get than what I got with the CCI but I have a few other partial boxes of match ammo to try. I am now glad I have a couple cases of the CCI on hand, which should last for a good long time.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I need to get my RPR .22 back out for some more shooting. Other than switching scopes a few times, I haven't done much with it since the summer. With the factory barrel and a Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 scope, I shot 1moa groups with CCI SV & Aguila SV. After installing a Green Mountain barrel I was shooting 0.5moa. My best 5-shot group so far is 0.204" at 50 yards with CCI SV. I have not shot it for groups yet with the Sig SRD22X suppressor, but should put that on my list of things to do. I had a lot of fun with rimfires this year. After all the ammo testing, I sold off all of my extra .22 ammo and only kept the CCI & Aguila stuff since it shot the best and I had the highest quantity of it stashed.

Factory barrel
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Green Mountain barrel
    attachment.php

attachment.php

album.php

album.php

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Eley tenex and eley target have shot the best through my rprr, federal gold match is another fine Ammo, but for most of my shooting I use the cci standard velocity and I’m getting solid groups, if I was a better precision shooter, I’m sure the groups would be better, I’m in a Facebook group where a lot of guys say they expect better from a precision22, so they swap barrels.

Personally I doubt I could shoot a dime size 1 hole group at 100 yards, so I’m fine with the barrel that’s on it from the factory!

But it all in all I love my rprr!

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I’m going to bed the barrel and see what kind of difference that makes. A bunch of talk at rimfire central shows that simple bedding, and torquing the barrel/action bolts greatly improves its accuracy. A couple guys even claim that factory barrel accuracy approaches aftermarket barrel accuracy when it’s properly bedded and torqued.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    For a quarter a round, Center X better be consistent. :)

I didn't shoot long range .22 last year, but prior to that I struggled with cost of ammo vs potential results. Some of the regular winners shot pretty expensive ammo, but they also fight with whether the ammo cost justifies the victory. We all were always looking for a workable mix.

Past 50-75 yards, ammo consistency is huge. You can dial in at 165-200 yards and effectively hit with CCI SV 8 or 9 out of ten shots. The question is whether those one or two misses kills your chances.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    That Ruger rifle is a shooter for sure. Nothing better than being able to casually plink all day, without getting beat around by recoil and noise, AND do it that accurately. :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IME, if you keep a regular check in rotation in the pawn shops you can find top drawer ammo dirt cheap.

Right before Christmas I found hundreds of Eley .22 Target (the yellow box stuff) at a pawn shop near me for $.12/rd.

I bought all they had, of course.

Anywho, it is a wise thing to do I have found over the years AND an excuse to go to gun shows.

Top Bottom