• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was able to score an awesome deal on a Primary Arms GLX4 4-16×50 scope that I thought would be perfect for mounting on my VEPR 308. I'm using an RS Regulate AK303 and AKR combo. Unfortunately it is lower than I expected and the rings I got aren't high enough to clear the objective bell over the rear sight mount. So before I waste more money on another set of rings by guesstimating ring height requirements does anyone have any experience with this that may know what height rings are required? I'm guessing high or extra high because the mediums don't do it.

AdamP123

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    West-Central
    Why not just mock it up and see how high your scope needs to be over the rail? That is your best bet, honestly. You are going to have a hard time finding guys who are trying to get precision out of their AKs.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep, need about a half inch. Went with some seekins extra high rings. Which measure about .67 from base of the rings to scope body. Mainly thought it would be fun to make it a sorta DMR setup. Not really looking for more than 300 yards. The rifle is surprisingly capable though. Was just wondering if anyone had tried something similar and what they went with

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    On Russian guns I go with russian glass. It's much less headaches and the quality is generally on par with german optics.

DEMosSM.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Considered that for a long time. But then like I said I scored an awesome deal from Primary Arms on a scope. It's a GLX4 4-16x50 with ACSS .308 DMR HUD reticle. Normal price is 799.99 they had it on sale for under 500 then with the Christmas sale they had 12% off select brands I ended up getting it for just over $400.00. I got the scope and RS top and bottom mounts for less than the regular price of the scope I couldn't pass it up.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom