• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Rewatching the original Planet of the Apes, with Charelton Heston, and just noticed the rifles they were carrying.
    Looked an awful lot like a High Point carbine.

Anyone know?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Considering planet of the apes was from 1968, and mks (their original name) didn’t start production until 1992 I really doubt they used the hipoint carbine

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Considering planet of the apes was from 1968, and mks (their original name) didn’t start production until 1992 I really doubt they used the hipoint carbine

Yeah, but did you ever consider that MKS was actually manufacturing replica Planet of the Apes rifles? ;)

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    ^^^This^^^ I've actually shot one (or a replica of one) owned by a fellow INGOer. Weird rifle!

Replica??????.. Gee .. Lay down before you hurt yourself...

Only complaint of video is they were getting busted up during the movie, because the movie company was using Iver Johnsons.
    Towards the end of filming they were down to 1 rifle..

[video=youtube;rJQ6aF9qwdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQ6aF9qwdk[/video]

Then they made another whole batch for Beneath the planet of apes.. 12 hero rifles, 200 wooden and just a few rubber..

www.apemania.com_WEAPONS_CARBINES_Beneath_POTA_FILM_rifles.jpg

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Hey, I said "or"... implying some level of doubt on my part. Happy now?? :p

Look that "or" may work on the little things like.. "I will have bacon or eggs with my breakfast".. no biggie..

But in the big things you cannot say "OR" like.. "We had a baby last night.. It was a Boy or a Girl"

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Replica??????.. Gee .. Lay down before you hurt yourself...

Only complaint of video is they were getting busted up during the movie, because the movie company was using Iver Johnsons.
    Towards the end of filming they were down to 1 rifle..

[video=youtube;rJQ6aF9qwdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQ6aF9qwdk[/video]

Then they made another whole batch for Beneath the planet of apes.. 12 hero rifles, 200 wooden and just a few rubber..

www.apemania.com_WEAPONS_CARBINES_Beneath_POTA_FILM_rifles.jpg

Honored to say I've held that gun......

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Look that "or" may work on the little things like.. "I will have bacon or eggs with my breakfast".. no biggie..

But in the big things you cannot say "OR" like.. "We had a baby last night.. It was a Boy or a Girl"
    I don’t know where you’ve been, but you most certainly don’t can have an OR in the baby thing nowadays.

Top Bottom