• ...and so much more!
  • smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Hey all,

I posted something about this in a 6.5 Grendel post as well as the 6.5 Grendel forum.

I've come up with an idea and I'm looking for feedback.

Why not get a Palmetto State Armory KS-47 lower, marry it with a CSSpecs 30 round AK Grendel magazine, attach an AR 6.5G upper and have the "best of all worlds?" (This is hyperbole, but you know what I mean)

CSSpecs has a note about their springs and followers having issues but I talked with them on Thursday and it sounds like that has been resolved and shipping will start within the month.

I asked them about this idea and their answer was "we haven't tested that but it sounds like a great idea, and would help us sell a lot more of these magazines."

I'm seriously considering putting one together once the mags are for sale and see how it goes.

The biggest issue I see is fit between the upper and lower as well as feeding.

Looking for constructive feedback.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product! Sounds like a cool idea.

However, isn’t a regular Grendel AR the best of all worlds? Unless you’re running a Grendel AK already and have the mags, what’s the advantage? Have you been having issues with Grendel AR mags?

Just curious. Still think it’s a great idea.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    The primary advantage is having reliable (hopefully) 30 round magazines. The highest capacity magazines I've used in an AR is 25.

It's minor, but something I've always considered a weak spot. (again, nitpicking)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Seems like a lot of work for 5 more rounds. Mag that are detachable are pretty cool ideas.

Top Bottom