Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 346KA

User Info Menu

Mossberg 346KA

Picked this up down at the Martinsville show this morning. Mossberg 346KA. Made from 1960 to 1968. .22 s, l, lr. Now I need to find a scope for it.

Last edited by DoggyDaddy; 01-12-2020 at 13:00.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

That's some shiny wood!

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    That's some shiny wood!
    Yes it is!

User Info Menu

"More gun for the money!"

I always liked the 46 series, bolt actions with that looooong tube magazine. I have a 146.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mkgr22 View Post
    "More gun for the money!"

I always liked the 46 series, bolt actions with that looooong tube magazine. I have a 146.
    I have a 46B that I love, but it's heavy. I just picked up a vintage Weaver V7-1 2.5-7 x 32 scope for this one on ebay. This rifle just had one of the nicest stocks I've ever seen on a Mossberg. Bore looks pristine too.

One nice thing about the tube mags is that you really don't have to worry about losing one. Not to mention that they're "high capacity" without fitting the stupid definitions that the gun control group want to impose, since they're not "detachable magazines".
    Last edited by DoggyDaddy; 01-12-2020 at 18:25.

Expert

User Info Menu

My 46b holds 26 22 shorts. Some of the old Mossbergs had outstanding walnut and shoot pretty straight as well. Yours looks like a nice one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    My 46b holds 26 22 shorts. Some of the old Mossbergs had outstanding walnut and shoot pretty straight as well. Yours looks like a nice one.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Mossbergs. In Boy Scouts, it's what we had at the range for our rifle and shotgun merit badge training. We had both "standard" bolt actions (don't recall the model number) as well as some heavy barrel Model 44 U.S. rifles, which were my favorite. I wound up buying one (for $50!) eventually as my very first .22 and that thing was really accurate, but unfortunately was stolen back in the early 80's. I was actually looking for another one when I came across my 46B. I'd still like to have another 44 U.S., but the prices on those have really gone up.

User Info Menu

Here it is with the Weaver V7-1 2.5-7 x 32 scope. I really like the scope. Oldie but goody!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Here it is with the Weaver V7-1 2.5-7 x 32 scope. I really like the scope. Oldie but goody!

You know it really fits the look of the rifle.. How did you mount the scope??
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum --------- Proud OPERATION CHAOS veteran --------- JOEL 3:10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indy1919a4 View Post
    You know it really fits the look of the rifle.. How did you mount the scope??
    Redfield rings, made for the 3/8" dovetail groove on the top of the receiver.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast