• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Never thought I would have an interest in one of these, or any sniper rifle post 1960, but I have several internet buddies that are building M40's I caught the bug and when this rifle came available I just had to jump on it.

The story on these rifles started in 2006 with a desire to build a Vietnam era M40 replica for shooters that was as close to the original as possible.

This is there story,

https://www.chuckmawhinney.com/m40replica.html

Fast forward to this past Sunday and while sitting in an Urgent Care with my sick wife I started crusing the web for the components to do an M40 build and stumbling across this rifle for sale. After doing some checking on this rifle latter Sunday I decided to make an offer Monday morning, and was very pleased when the seller accepted it.

The rifle is one of approx. 30 un-numbered M40's that where produced along with the number 1-103 rifles. This rifle is unfired to this point and came in the original box.

Needles to say I am looking forward to some serious range time in the near future. [/FONT]

Last edited:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Finally got a little range time yesterday to see if my M40 is on paper and after some issues with a loose mount base it was time to see what it would do.

Needless to say I am pleased with it so far.

1st target (white) is Black Hills 168gr Match @ 100yds

2nd target (green) is Black Hills 168gr Match @ 200yds

3rd target(orange) is Black Hills 175gr Match @ 200yds

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Never thought I would have an interest in one of these, or any sniper rifle post 1960, but I have several internet buddies that are building M40's I caught the bug and when this rifle came available I just had to jump on it.

The story on these rifles started in 2006 with a desire to build a Vietnam era M40 replica for shooters that was as close to the original as possible.

This is there story,

https://www.chuckmawhinney.com/m40replica.html

Fast forward to this past Sunday and while sitting in an Urgent Care with my sick wife I started crusing the web for the components to do an M40 build and stumbling across this rifle for sale. After doing some checking on this rifle latter Sunday I decided to make an offer Monday morning, and was very pleased when the seller accepted it.

The rifle is one of approx. 30 un-numbered M40's that where produced along with the number 1-103 rifles. This rifle is unfired to this point and came in the original box.

Needles to say I am looking forward to some serious range time in the near future. [/FONT]

I don't know what I have that I wouldn't give up for one of those.

Top Bottom