• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They have been listed in the area of $1000 on Gunbroker but most if not all have been sitting at that price for a really long time. I guess eventually the value will catch up to the current asking prices.

A little terminology about the Chinese AK and what is pre and post ban. Those of us who are collectors call anything marked "MAK-90" as a post-ban rifle as in post-Bush1-ban. Pre ban rifle would be those before Bush banned evil features. Most Norinco 7.62x39 rifle were marked as 56S while some had a version of AK-47 making them the only AKM so marked.

Many people like to argue that the MAK-90 is a pre-clinton ban rifle, which is true, but with no post-clinton-ban MAK-90s does it really make sense?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Depends.
    Some of them have threaded barrels and some don't.
    Also some of them can be "de-banned" with a stock and pistol grip.
    Depends on how the back of the receiver is cut, either a slant cut or a straight cut.
    It's been so long since I've messed around with those, I can't remember 100% but I think the straight cut receiver is the one that can be de-banned.
    MAK= Modified AK.

Threaded barrel and straight cut receiver is the more desirable version.

Devilpig

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2018
    Northeast Indy
    I got a fairly good condition straight back stamped for about $750 last year. I'd say fair price for thumbhole stock models would vary between 700 and 1000. If its a milled receiver you might be able to go a little closer to the high end of that but beware that the milled rifles are all angled cut. Most of these rifles don't have threading on the barrels. If its truly NIB grade I'd still say your best bet for selling it would be around $750 stamped angle, $800 Milled, $850 straight cut, just to make a quick sale.

Top Bottom